VBAC

Feeling discouraged

Good morning, ladies. I'm sorry if this is long, but I need somewhere to vent!

So- up until this past week I've felt empowered, informed, educated, and excited about attempting a trial of labor and hopefully a VBAC.

About a month ago, my OB said "yes, I am supportive of you trying for a VBAC, as long as it's before 39 weeks." I left there with the intention of never going back. She knew my strong desire for a VBAC. My cesarean was due to failure to progress after trying for 30 some hours and not getting past 5cm.

So, I decided to try visiting a Midwife that was recommended to me by a fellow VBAC mom. She gave me the same statement. As long as it's before a certain number of weeks (this time it was before 40 weeks).

I am having a very healthy pregnancy with no complications. My first pregnancy was healthy/normal as well and I was pressured into an induction at 41w2d.

Any insight? My mom (an RN), said to go back to my original OB who I loved aside from this disagreement, and just refuse to schedule a c-section unless medically necessary.

What would you do? Thanks for getting this far. ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeling discouraged

• I have read research that shows that midwives have higher VBAC success rates, so I would stay with the MW. No one can force you to go to the hospital. My MW will let me go to 41w3d and that's it. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I also stopped dialatin

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• What does the midwife practice do after 40 weeks? Transfer your care to an OB so you can have a RCS? Transfer you to an OB who will oversee a VBAC up until 42 weeks?

Honestly, I'd keep looking. There must be some one out there who happily waits

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there only one OB at your office? There are several at mine and the one I saw at 38 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy told me to schedule my csection for the following week. I was very upset but reluctantly did and saw a different OB a few days later for

• I was going to post this same thing! My doctor told me today that he doesn't let VBAC's go later than their due date. Because, "he isn't comfortable with it". Which is somewhat discouraging because women in my family have a hard time going into labor, and
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"