Baby Showers
Options

To invite, or not to invite..

Since becoming pregnant I've been reaching out to a few of the people I know that have had kids on facebook. (I'm 21 so I don't know a ton of moms)

I haven't seen these people in quite a while because I moved to a different city, but they've offered some really helpful advice and we've been communicating periodically on facebook my entire pregnancy. My Mom has offered to throw me a baby shower, and I was wondering if it would be considered rude to invite them after I haven't seen them in so long. I'm not in that city very often, so it's a rare opportunity to reconnect in person & meet their little ones.

But I'm not sure inviting someone to my baby shower is an appropriate way to reconnect, as it may come off as gift grabby.

What do you guys think?

Re: To invite, or not to invite..

• Options
    No, I wouldn't. As you said, your baby shower isn't the time to reconnect.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I agree with not inviting but will admit I went to one...I felt sorry for the girl. She was picked on her whole childhood for being the chubby girl and we lost connection when her parents divorced and she moved away. She found me on FB well over a year

Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could you plan like a lunch date or something to reconnect? I don't think it's the appropriate time to "reconnect". Indifferent
    Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • Options
    No. I would see if they are available for lunch or something.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Thanks for your responses, like I've said I'm really not in the city very often and when I go for my baby shower I'll only be staying there for that.

The reason I even considered it is because I really have been talking to them quite a bit since

• Options
    image2013mommy:

imageEastCoas
  • Options

A friend who I went to hs got pregnant around the same time as me, and over the past few months we've reconnected, and constantly talk about our pregnancies (at least once a week), She invited me to her shower a few weeks ago. I was hesitant 

Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"