Pre-School and Daycare
Options

This might be gross to some people

DD has a pimple like rash on her butt.  She has had it off and on for a while now.  The pedi said use neopsporin last time and it cleared a little but not all the way.I  I am trying all types of diaper rash creams (desitin, vitamin A&D, Aquaphor, and now the hydrocortisone cream)  If it doesn't heal in a few days I will be taking her back to the pedi,  Anyone have experience with anything like that, they really are puss like pimples and all?  I keep her very clean and I still use Johnsons baby wash because she has very sensitive skin.  She does still wet the bed though and wears pull ups at night.  Maybe that's causing it? 

Re: This might be gross to some people

• Options

May be excema.  Aveeno has oatmeal bath packets.  If it were my daughter, I'd get off of the johnson's, switch to dye and perfume free soap and shampoo (we use aveeno and burts bees) and put her in an oat meal bath every morning.  I'd ma

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And I would stop the barrier creams, immediately. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLoveEeyore:

May be excema.  Aveeno has oatmeal bath packets.  If it were my daughter, I'd get off of the johnson's,

• Options
    imageKatieandMark06:
    imageLoveEe
  • Options
    My DD has really sensitive skin, and she couldn't tolerate pull-ups at night.  I agree with the PP about using a different body wash (we use California Baby super sensitive).  After her bath, pat her dry and use hydrocortisone ointment until the
  • Options

I would probably just go back to the doc. There are a few different skin conditions that it could be and I'd want some guidance on what to try rather than experiment and possibly make it worse. 

Both of my girls have had on-going red bumps l

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    Is it all over?   Is it on her butt or more on her "lips".  If the second one it might be a yeast infection and then I would try a anti-fungl foot cream.
  • Options

Both DD1 and DD2 have sensitive skin and could never use Johnson's baby wash.  When DD1 was younger we used cetafil (and now on DD2 also) and we recently switched to Aveno sensitive or something like that.  I found that Johnson's is very dryi

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagelite-bright:

I would probably just go back to the doc. There are a few different skin conditions that it could be and I'd want

• Options
    EDL06EDL06 member

my 4yo DD has this exact thing as well--the doc said that if cortisone was not working (it wasn't), then try aquaphor. (The doc did say that it didn't look like a fungal rash). However, this just made her pull-up/underwear stick to her butt, which led

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"