April 2013 Moms
Options

sleeping baby

So Ella who is almost 48 hours old wants to sleep all day won't sleep at night unless she is held..help anyone else have this issue? What did u do? We go home tomorrow am and I'm hoping things will be different

Re: sleeping baby

• Options
    Is she swaddled super tight?
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    My little man wouldn't sleep unless held the first night home. We eventually figured out that he was too cold in our room at night. We turned up the temp and swaddled him in an extra, warmer blanket and he's been sleeping great since. We also try to keep

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's tough since newborns mix up their day and nights!
    I echo the cold comment we had that issue night 1 as well. However I'm harder presses to think this would happen at the hospital!?!

Good luck and my other advise sleep during the

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    We ended up buying a Rock N Play Sleeper after two sleepless nights at home. It kind of cradles LO so he feels like he's being held. He's been sleeping four and five hour stretches at night since then! We also try and keep him up for awake time during the
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is 2 DAYS old. And probably has her days and nights mixed. I'd say give it a little more time and a lot more patience.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Get a Miracle Blanket.  It's better than swaddlers you buy in the store.
  • Options
    My baby was the exact same! We had our third night home last night and like PP said we realized he was cold. We turn up the heat, and added a space heater and last night he slept almost 4 hr straight! We put him in the rock n play swaddled up. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS had to be held or he wouldn't sleep.  During the day we would hold him and at night he co-slept with us.  This was the only way we could get any sleep.  And he hated being swaddled. Its what worked for us. Maybe get a baby carrier/r
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son is the same way so we co sleep. If someone knows a better way pleeeeaassssee tell me lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm going through this now, unfortunately my little man ha his days & night confused so I just changed my schedule to work around his sleep patterns for now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageGrace0609:
    That is very normal newborn behavior over the first few weeks, some babies worse than others. That is why you try to sle
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We've been having the same issue with our baby girl. She had her days/nights completely mixed up (which is very common). We've started keeping her awake more during the daytime and it has helped. Her schedule still isn't perfect (as if that is an attai

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Are you breastfeeding? Marley didn't sleep well at all until my milk came in and after that things got a lot easier and she was way less fussy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All my babies have been like that, and I've bed shared with all three. I've been trying to put DD3 in her bassinet to start the night, but she'll sleep 2 hours there versus 4 hours next to me.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

Ethan did this the first couple nights.  He kept managing to get his hands free of the swaddle blanket.  So we went and bought swaddle pods and they are awesome!!  /they keep him swaddled tight and his hands contained.  He's able to

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"