Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How long is your LO's nap?

Hey, i have a 23 months old daughter and her naps range between about forty minutes to two hours. I'm trying gage what is considered normal. I always feel a pinch of guilt when she sleeps for two hours, but it's when i can get the most work done around the house or have some, dare i say, metime. I've gotten raised eyebrows about it. How long are your little one's naps?

Re: How long is your LO's nap?

• Options
    DS will be 18 months next week and he averages about 2 hours. I don't consider it a good nap [meaning he gets a full nap in so he won't be grumpy] unless its at least an hour and a half.

• Options
    Anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 1/2 hours. My little guy loves his sleep and I take advantage of his nap time by getting housework done or me time too! Do you have a video baby monitor? Maybe you won't feel as guilty if you can peek in and know your LO is r
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should mention that my little guy is 18 months
  • Options
    We are still on 2 naps here, first one is around 45 mins and afternoon nap is 1.5-2.5hrs in length. Why do you feel guilty when she sleeps longer? I have seriously never felt that way lol. And anyone who raises their eyebrows at you for taking me-time dur
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    1.5hrs, unless sick/growth spurt/strangeness which makes it 2hrs.  Sometimes, she'll do half-cycle naps (45min), because she just can't get back to sleep after that more rousing part of the sleep-wake cycle.  That's never very fun.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Anywhere between 1 hour and 2.75 hours. It's almost always an hour or 90 minutes for me on the weekends, and nearly three hours for caregivers during the week. Stinker. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Alright! Thanks everyone, that gives me a better idea of what i'm working with.

I don't have a video monitor, i have to rely on being stealthy and taking a peek now and then.

The guilt may stem from the year and some months lon
  • Options
    DD will be 2 in July and takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Both of my kids have always taken this long of naps. 
  • Options

DS is 13.5 months and he naps 2-4 hours in the afternoon. 

DD is 4 and she still naps 2 hours per day. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    DD is on one nap and it ranges from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours (2.5 is really rare). Most days it is 2hours and I consider a "good" nap at least an hour and a half since that is restorative for her. I always take me time during naps why not?
  • Options
    1.5-3+ hours.
  • Options

17 month old and he is still taking two naps if our schedule allows.

Morning nap:  1-2 hours

Afternoon nap: 2-2.5 hours 

If we skip morning nap: 3 hours 

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options
    DD is 20mo and she sleeps an average of 1.5 hours for her afternoon nap. If she's going through a growth spurt, it will be longer.  And don't ever feel guilty about needing time for yourself.  It's how a parent keeps their sanity, especially tho
  • Options

DD is almost 17 months and her nap is typically 3 hours long. I don't feel an ounce of guilt about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    16.5 months here and her naps range from 1.5 hour daycare to 3 hours home.
  • Options
    She is 22 months and sleeps 2.5-3.5 hours. One nap though
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    He usually naps for 2 - 3 hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is 16 months old and her nap is 1.5-2 hours long
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    DD2 is 20 months old. Her nap is usually 1.5 to 2 hours.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

LO is 20m, naps are 2-3hrs. If he sleeps less than that he is very grumpy by bedtime.

Whomever is giving you a hard time about what you do during nap time needs to mind their own business.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"