Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Cute lunch check-in

No holidays this month! It's nice to have a theme to work with, but it's also fun to make whatever comes to mind as I'm trying to make lunch, after-school snack and dinner all at the same time, while also tending to a clingy toddler and a big kid who doesn't ever stop talking. :)

One last post-Easter lunch. There's a little "fruit salad" on the left with strawberries, grapes and blueberries. On the right is a (very obviously hand-cut) Easter basket PB/honey sandwich cut from an egg. I threw in a few peanut M&Ms for effect and some Snapea Crisps along the bottom.

Princess pig! This hodge-podge lunch has strawberries and blueberries, some chicken balls on a pick, apple slices in a silicone, PB/honey sandwich and a container with a few Annie's chewy bunnies. Cute but random. :)

The raindrop who didn't want to get wet. I love this one! On the bottom tier are apples, tomatoes, blueberries, carrots and a container with 2 M&Ms. On the right are more blueberries, a strawberry wearing a baseball cap, and a PB/honey sandwich with cheese and pick details.

Ribbit! While not necessarily the cutest thing I've ever made, this lunch is nice because except for the little silicone leaves (which were totally unnecessary), this lunch was made with no special tools. The box is a Tupperware sandwich box. Puzzle sandwich cutter (I've seen similar ones at the grocery store). The frogs are cupcake toppers and the pick is homemade (toothpick with a Post-It flag taped to it). The silicone cups are from World Market and Marshall's. PB/honey sandwich, strawberries, pretzel sandwiches, blueberries and a Babybel cheese.

The only thing cute here is the strawberry container! Even though she asks for a PB/honey sandwich daily, for the last few days, DD hasn't been eating them until after school. I decided to get up early and make her a batch of Annie's bunny-roni and cheese in the hopes that she'd eat her main dish and not be famished by the end of the day. On the side is a small fruit salad of strawberries and blueberries, with a few carrots and a container of raisins.

It didn't take that much work to send her to school with a hot lunch. I boiled the noodles and drained the water into the Thermos. I put the lid on the Thermos while I finished the rest of the macaroni and assisted with breakfast. When the mac & cheese with finished, I emptied the Thermos, refilled it with the finished product and sent DD on her merry way.

PIP your cute lunches here! Have a great week!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cute lunch check-in

• Options
    Awesome! It's so funny to see so many of the same supplies in your lunches!
  • Options

Lol! Well I'm glad you're getting lots of use out of them! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Where do you guys get the little boxes - like the one that has the M&Ms/Gummie in it??

Thanks.

1/24/10
  • Options

https://www.allthingsforsale.com - just search "sauce container"

I get most of my supplies from the above site. Because a lot of people are surprised at the size, I'll warn you that they are really quite small - maybe 1".

• Options
    I know I have asked before but how does the yogurt not wind up everywhere?
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"