January 2013 Moms

Belly line

Ladies, it is almost time for the beach and pool parties and I still have a dark line down my belly, and a few stretch marks I cant get rid of. How long did it take for the line to go away and what did you guys do to get it to go away. My belly button is the worst part, its so dark!!!!! I have tried a lufa and scrubbing it to the point it turned my skin red. Please help! 
Married My Best Friend 5/21/2010
Madison Paige arrived 1/8/2013

Re: Belly line

• Stretch marks take a long time to fade, but eventually they turn whitish. Just be patient!
  • I still have my dark line too, with the dark belly button. I thought those would be gone by now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I still have the line, the stretch marks and the super dark belly button. My OB said to stay out of the sun or it will make the belly button and line worse.

• My dermatologist told me that once I'm done BF and the hormones settle, things will soon return to normal. Not sure how long "soon" will be, but if you're BF then it could be awhile.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I still have my linea negra too.. light but definitely noticeable. I know, still waiting for it to go! I'm not sure bikinis are in my forecast this summer anyway :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • On the bright side, we'll all have a nice rack to show off in our "onesies"!
  • imagejollyjess:
    On the bright side, we'll all have a nice rack to show off in our "onesies"!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My line is still going strong and I leave on a beach vacation tomorrow! It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would though. Sometimes I even think it's sort of cute. 

• My linea negra is driving me crazy. I hate it, can't wait until it's gone/lighter.
  • this might be TMI so sorry BUT I found using a body scrub or scratching the belly line with my finger nail helped it come off.  My belly button was sooo dark too.  It has not completely gone away, but the above did help.  I was surpris
  • image82Sonia:
    I still have the line, the stretch marks and the super dark belly button. My OB said to stay out of the sun or it wil

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• imageBrendamndz:
    imageOakTreeMom
  • My OB says the line will never go away...just fade. Mine is almost black and stretches from under my boobs to my pubic area...
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never got the line with my first pregnancy and almost avoided it the 2nd time too,but it snuck in right before I delivered. My OB said it wouldn't go away until I was done breast feeding. And I hope to do that a year so looks like I will be sporting it
    photo 8614cb38-d577-4c0f-bbe8-185495dd3bea_zpsd7fc2b80.jpg
  • EagsEags member
    My line has faded a good bit LO is 11 weeks, but is still definitely there.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • imagebtcruiserlove:
    My OB says the line will never go away...just fade. Mine is almost black and stretches from under my boobs to my pub
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"