International Bumpies

Intro (US in Ukraine)

Hi Ladies, I'm an American living with my Canadian husband in Kiev, Ukraine. We both work in the international development field, met here in Ukraine and had a baby girl this January.  It's definitely been an adventure giving birth and being a ftm far away from home, but mostly its been a wonderful adventure. It's been fascinating to observe the different "rules" of ttc (sitting on concrete is the biggest cause of infertility), pregnancy (all locally employed women must take mandated leave starting at 30wks), birth (a non-interventionist approach I appreciated) and early childcare (my hospital advised me not to eat fresh fruits and veggies while nursing!)

Baby has her passport and we're leaving on our first international trip (to Thailand) tomorrow.  Wish us luck! It will be a learning experience!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro (US in Ukraine)

• Enjoy Thailand! It is probably my favorite place. We took our two toddlers there last April and loved it. So family friendly. Also, we had a great babysitter in Bangkok and had so much fun we
  • Welcome to the board.  I'd love to visit Ukraine sometime.  We used to live in Prague and I have a major love for the central and eastern portion of the continent.

Have fun in Thailand!   

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board and hope you have a great trip!

We're Americans TTC and living in Belgium (on an expat contract so probably here for another couple of years).

______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• Welcome :)

We're Americans living in Scotland for the next 2-3 years.  Enjoy your trip-Thailand is on my bucket list!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"