Illinois Babies
Options

Advocate Lutheran General

Hi ladies, I'm making a very difficult decision...I'm leaving my current Ob/Gyn. She has been my doctor for over 12 years, performed surgery on me, knows my history, and to boot, she has wonderful bedside manner. I'm disappointed to leave her, but know that a drive from Des Plaines to Sherman Hospital in Elgin is too far for ongoing appointments and labor.

My MIL works at LGH and has given me a list of referred OB/GYN's. I was hoping to get some Mom's opinions out there that may have used these doctor's in hopes to narrow down my options.

Dr. Patricia O'Leary

Dr. Beth Sum
Dr. Dana Russo
Dr. Susan Schy - Maybe

Any help or other suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks ladies!
Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Advocate Lutheran General

• Options
    Hi, I live in Des Plaines and I go to Dr. Russo out of her Glenview office. I really like her, she is younger. She has a great bedside manner. I have no problems with getting into her office. Hope that helps! 
  • Options

I don't see any of those doctors (I go to Associates in ObGYN which has 4 female physicians) but I think you will be very happy at Lutheran!  

I'm set to deliver my 3rd baby there this summer and I've had a great experience every time, even delivering my first in the old wing.  The nurses are awesome.  And my first meals have all come from Portillos :)  

Good luck with your choice!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am registered to deliver at LGH and my doctor is Ann Marie Labarge.  I do my routine visits out of the Midwest Center for Women's Health on Northwest Highway in Park Ridge.  There are four doctors in that practice and I will meet with them all.  I have only met two so far, but they seem pretty great.  I have also heard that delivering there is a pretty wonderful experience, all things considered.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your opinions and suggestions. I will definitely check out the practice with the four women out of Park Ridge as well.
    Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I do my monthly visits out of the Midwest Center for Women's Health on McHenry Rd in Buffalo Grove. I've gone to Advocate hospital in Park Ridge for my dating ultrasound and A/S scan. I've been rotated between different OB's in the Buffalo Grove office and have liked all of them. My appointment for this Thursday is actually with Dr. Beth Sum, so I'll let you know how that goes.

I've liked all of the OB's so far, but I particularly liked Dr. Jodi Sklansky. She was very nice with great bedside manner. I've seen her 3 out of the 5 times I've been to my monthly checkups.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"