C-sections

RCS Question

I just though tof this the other night.  This is my 2nd baby and I'm having a RCS.  My first ended up in a RCS after she decided she would rather live in my ribs then come and join the world outside.  

My question is, for those of you who have had RCS before, do they check you for progress at your appts like they do when you are waiting to go into natural labor?  I remember that process not being fun and hoping I can get out of it this time LOL.

TIA!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RCS Question

• My OB said she would check me if I was curious (which I'm not lol), but that as long as I'm not exhibiting any other signs of labor there was no need.  At least at this point (36 weeks) .. she might recommend them when I get a little closer
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my hope!  I haven't had any signs of preterm labor, I'm not swelling, no BH or anything.  So I'm hoping I can just opt out of the checking.  Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was never checked until I went into labor before my c/s date. Even then it was only to determine if I could wait a few hours for the next shift to start or if they needed to do it right then. I don't plan on being checked this time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had staples, and I still unfortunately got a keloid. My OB said some women are just prone to them. My csection was 3 years ago, and the keloid does look much better now than it did the first 2 years!
  • Sorry, obviously I posted my first response in the wrong thread! I'm getting ready for a RCS. My OB said she would check me around 36 weeks just to get an idea of where I am. She said after that it depends on how many contractions I'm having, but the inte
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"