New Orleans Babies
Options

What to bring to Touro during delivery

Has aloe delivered at Touro? What did you need to bring and what did they provide?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to bring to Touro during delivery

• Options

You'd think I would remember everything, since I just delivered there less than a year ago, but I can't remember it all.  I would advise bringing your own towel.  I think they give you one, but it's tiny and thin, as well as some travel toiletries.

Beyond that, I think they have pretty much everything you'll need, although I did also bring my own pillow, a robe, some snacks, and my laptop.

If you have any specific questions beyond this list, let me know, and hopefully it will jog my memory.  

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What exactly are you concerned about?  Have you taken any of the birth classes at Touro, or taken a tour of the L&D unit?  Doing those will offer a lot of insight and allow you to ask questions about what is/isn't provided.

When I delivered my daughters there (in 2009 and 2011) they had a birthing ball (yoga ball?) available but you had to ask for it and they only had one on the unit so if someone else had it you were out of luck.  You can rent a tub if you want to try a water birth or want to labor in a tub, but that's extra, in 2009 it was $250 to rent.  

You shouldn't need to bring much, other than your personal comfort needs: own clothing, toiletry items, pillows, boppy, clothing for baby - although they dress her/him in a t-shirt and provide size 1 diapers.  My daughters needed newborn sized though and we were told they didn't have smaller than size 1.  Hmm.  Snacks.  I delivered at 1 am and after 8 hours of labor and not wanting to eat, I was finally starving by 3 am and the cafe and cafeteria were both closed.  I was glad I had packed a few protein bars.  

Any specific questions?  I way overpacked both times, but I'm a worrier.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just delivered there 5 weeks ago. I wish i had packed less. Touro is great, all you really need is a going home outfit for you and baby (if you desire) and toiletries (shampoo, dryer, toothpaste, brush, makeup, etc).

They give you a bag with:

a pack of giant pads that you'll probably wear for a week or so

a pack of Always winged thick pads

stretchy boy short style underwear (about 5-6 pair) I still used these 2-3 days after I was hm. so I didn't ruin my undies. very comfy

can of dermoplast  (for your hurty parts)

Tucks wipes

a squirt bottle to clean yourself

iceless ice packs  (3-4)

nice water jug I still use today 

then for the baby, the cart he is kept in has

diapers, blankets, shirt, hat, wipes, disposable pack of burp cloths, alcohol pads, A&D ointment, gauze for circumcision

My father in law is a dr. and said to take it ALL because you paid for it & they can't use it again - it will be thrown away.

I use the red white & blue baby blankets constantly as big burp cloths & cushions to prop up my little guy.

I would say they pretty much have you covered. I packed way too much and I thought I was being very conservative. Between presents people bring and flowers, baby, etc.its a lot to lug home. I would say toiletries & outfit to go home in. I didn't want to wear my clothes until the day I went home.

• Options
    cmurraycmurray member
    Perfect! @yenny0 ..I'll be there on the 13th to be induced unless he decides to come sooner! Good info!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"