8 Weeks Pregnant

8 weeks and havent had a doctors appointment yet?!?!?

i am 8 weeks today or at least that what i think i am. I called the doctor once i found out i was pregnant and she wouldnt schedule me for an appointment until 10 weeks. I know that is in two weeks but im starting to get worried that i am doing things wrong or that there are other things i need to be doing... Should i have seen the doctor already or am i just being overly worried?

Re: 8 weeks and havent had a doctors appointment yet?!?!?

• I am the same. I am 8 weeks pregnant and don't go to the doctor for 2 more weeks. With my first child my doctor saw me at 8 weeks. I have a new doctor and they say 10 weeks. I don't think it's too late. Just make sure that if you have questions before your appointment that you call. 
  • Im 8 weeks pregnant as well and obgyn wont see me till april 21 I think im going to be around 10 weeks then as well by then
    Don't worry to much girl ...
    Good luck :
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat. I find it weird the doctors wait so long. I have no idea what I'm feeling is normal or if I should be concerned.
  • Me too; I'm 8 wks today (according to the conception calculator) and my 1st appointment is scheduled 4/19. This is my 1st pregnancy, but my sister's had 4 healthy kids by the same OBGYN, so I don't think it's unusual (though I'm sure you feel as anxious as me for time to hurry up and get there!). My sis says if I have a question or am seriously worried about anything--I've been experiencing shortness of breath lately--then I can always call the doc and talk to him before my first appointment.  I haven't yet, but that option has put my mind at ease. Hope it helps you too! 
  • I'm 8 weeks been to like 4 appts already
  • I called my OB and they wanted me to come in as soon as possible. They saw me at 7 weeks. I thought I had to wait until 10 weeks but obviously, they didn't want me to.
  • My OB won't see me until 12 weeks. It crazy because this is my first pregnancy and I'm totally nervous that I'm doing thinks wrong.
  • My first appointment will be at 10 weeks as well. My doctor said they try to see everyone for the first time between 8 and 10 weeks (as long as you aren't having complications, then they want to see you sooner). This is my second pregnancy, I miscarried earlier this year. However, since this pregnancy has been going well so far (fingers crossed) with no complications they still didn't feel I needed to come in sooner. I can't wait for the ultrasound though!!Big Smile
  • The docs around here won't see you until 8-10 weeks, either...and I also find it really strange!!! 

This website, what to expect, and others can probably fill you in on the 'generic' 1st tri advice (avoid too much fish, nuke your lunch meats before eating them, take a prenatal, no smoking/drinking, reduce caffeine, eat well done meats, don't overdo the exercise, avoid certain OTC meds...etc. etc.)

The only thing I'd try to get in sooner for is if you know you already have a medical condition that might make pregnancy complicated. OTher than that, apparently it's normal not to see you till 8-10 weeks and I'm sure you're doing everything great :)  

• No need to worry!  Most docs don't like you to come in until you are at least 8 weeks.
  • mle622012 said:
    i am 8 weeks today or at least that what i think i am. I called the doctor once i found out i was pregnant and she wouldnt schedule me for an appointment until 10 weeks. I know that is in two weeks but im starting to get worried that i am doing things wrong or that there are other things i need to be doing... Should i have seen the doctor already or am i just being overly worried?
    I don't think you are overly worried, but I also think that going in at 10 weeks is okay too. I agree that the doctors (mine included) should give you more info when you call to make your appointment. Mine didn't mention anything-- nothing about vitamins, spotting/cramping, foods to avoid... Maybe they assume that we know these things but it's very disconcerting.

That said:  I think others have mentioned the basics here. Get a prenatal vitamin (and maybe DHA and calcium in separate pills, check with your doc), download the list of scaaaaary foods to avoid, and don't drink or smoke.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"