Rhode Island Babies
Options

Toddler Friendly Playgrounds

Does anyone have a good list of toddler friendly playgrounds in RI? There are a few in my neighborhood that are so-so (W. Warwick/Coventry) but they are not the best. It is nice to have a couple in walking distance, but I would like to have a couple others in my bag of tricks.

Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler Friendly Playgrounds

• Options

We just moved to the W. Warwick/Coventry area the first of January and the playgrounds here are really unimpressive :/

When DS1 wants to go play we actually go to the Hasbro playground at Roger Williams park. That way we can also head to the temple to music and he can run around in the field if he needs to run off some extra energy.

I would also like to find some good playgrounds in this area. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member
    imagePansyPants:

We just moved to the W. Warwick/Coventry area the first of January and the playgrounds here are really unimpressive :/

When DS1 wants to go play we actually go to the Hasbro playground at Roger Williams park. That way we can also head to the temple to music and he can run around in the field if he needs to run off some extra energy.

I would also like to find some good playgrounds in this area. 

Have you been to the impossible dream playground? It's just off of 117, just before you get to 95. Their hours are limited and they do ask for donations, but it's a whole lot closer than Hasbro and it is a nice playground.

There were some more replies, but mostly of further away places, on the XP on the Nest: https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73105676.aspx

#3 Due April 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We go to Slater Park in Pawtucket.  Theres also a dog/cat shelter you can walk through, and a little animal viewing area just a few things ie donkeys, pigs, bunnies, chickens, etc but its fun enough plus grassy areas everywhere to run around as well.  Theres a tot lot as well as a bigger area so it keeps the bigger kids off the little kids and vice versa we love it

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Impossible dreams is the best.  its in warwick
  • Options

I used to bring my daughter (who is now 5) to the Roger Williams Park / Hasbro one too, as they have an adorable area for toddlers, and it easily transitions to bigger-kid play in the other areas. It's fenced in completely and has only one exit/entrance which was a nice safety feature too.

Another spot I'd bring her was Warwick City Park, as they also have a super-cool little-kid-friendly jungle-gym, among the taller slides and swings. The play area I'm referring to is to the left of the path to the beach, as you're walking toward the water. It has 2 little slides, and the steps are wide and easy to climb. I think it's made from recycled plastic materials, too. There's toddler swings off to the right, and it's great for a nice day out, especially if you want to relax by the water afterward!

• Options
    We love the Pawtuxet Village Playground - it's a hidden gem and pretty toddler friendly!  It's in Warwick on Commercial Street.
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"