VBAC

Recovery from VBAC

Did any of you feel that your recovery from your VBAC was more difficult than your recovery from your csection? I'm still trying to decide what I want to do and I'm just trying to get some perspective from people who have already had the experience. My doctor told me I could wait until the last minute to decide between a csection or a VBAC. He said we'd just play it by ear. The doctor I saw Monday wants me to tentatively schedule my RCS when I go in for my next appointment in 2 weeks so as not to cause any scheduling problems. He said obviously they can't drag me to the OR kicking and screaming but it would be better to go ahead and schedule it. I know they do RCS at 39 weeks and I don't want to schedule one for 39 weeks right now. I didn't go into labor with my daughter until 41 weeks, so I feel like that isn't even going to give me a chance to go into labor. I highly doubt I have this baby by 39 weeks. Sorrt for the rambling after the actual question. I'm just unsure of what I want to do and I really don't want to have to make a definite decision in 2 weeks. I'm more for what my doctor said and playing it by ear to see how things are going.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recovery from VBAC

• Between the c/s and VBAC, there was pain with both, but it was more substantial with the c/s. Also, despite the pain from the VBAC, I was functioning better and more quickly than I was with the c/s. VBAC was definately an easier recovery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My VBAC recovery was MUCH easier (and I had a pretty textbook c/s recovery).  As pp said, there was pain involved but an hour after DD was born I was in my own clothes asking to go home (they made me stay 24 hours:-)  But I was certainly up w

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • My VBAC and c/s recoveries were apples and oranges, so it's hard to say which was easier.  I guess you could say they were easy and hard in different ways. 

With my c/s recovery, I had to take prescription painkillers for the first 5 da

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMAprincess:
    My VBAC recovery was MUCH easier and I had a pretty textbook c/s recovery.nbsp; As pp said, there was pain involved but

• My VBAC recovery was a breeze compared to the C-section recovery. I was in pretty significant pain for about 2 weeks post-c/s.  After my VBAC I was up and about almost immediately. My bottom area was sore if I stood for a long period of time the f

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• I was in the same boat as iris427, although I think my situation was worse.

With my csection, I was in fairly intense pain for the first few days especially. I needed a lot of help even getting up off the couch or getting up at night to feed
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My VBAC recovery has been 100x easier than my c section recovery! I got one second degree tear. With my CS I had trapped air in my shoulder blade and couldn't lie flat for 2 weeks. I had a rash all over my body. And for 2 weeks it hurt really bad to ge

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My VBAC recovery was a breeze.  I had her on a Thursday and by Monday, I was taking DD to daycare and cooking dinner for our guests.  Within weeks, I was ready to start working out again.  I could chase after the kids and

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They weren't even comparable for me.

My c/s recovery was terrible.  I couldn't do stairs for weeks without horrendous pain.  I had to get refills of pain meds.  I was on percocet when I went home and then hydrocodone for a few more

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vbac recovery was much, much easier. I broke my tailbone and got a 2nd degree tear, and it was still much easier. I had a very textbook c/s recovery, but this time was much easier. 
  • skioskio member
    There's no reason to schedule it now. Tell that OB to shove it. I guarantee someone will be able to deliver your baby when you go into labor; that's an OB's job. To effing deliver babies when they are ready to be born, no matter how the birth happens. <b
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I had an episiotomy and a 2nd degree labial tear.  My vagina was hurting worse with my csection, and more swollen.

i couldn't get out of bed on my own for 3 weeks after my csection.  I was sore after my vbac, but I didn't need help doin

• just got home from the hospital yest following my vbac - had an emergency c-section with my other son and the recovery of vbac is soooooo much easier. it's not even close! luckily i didn't have another kid following the c-section, but being able to pic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecchill01:
    My VBAC recovery wasnbsp;a breeze.nbsp; I had her on a Thursday and by Monday, I was taking DD to daycare and cooking din

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"