VBAC
Options

VBAC with big baby?

I'm wondering if anyone else had a successful VBAC with a large baby?  DS was 9 lbs and my Dr is estimating this baby will also be about 9 lbs.  He's supportive of my decision either way, but wants to do another u/s at 32 wks to estimate the size/position of the baby, and will check out my pelvis to try to see if labor would be easy or difficult.

I had a c/s with DS b/c he was breech.  I went into labor the night before it was scheduled - but had the c/s within a few hours.  Everything went fine.

I'm really on the fence about this.  On one hand, what if my labor isn't progressing & I just end up with an emergency c/s in the end?  I really don't want that...  Everyone says VBAC recovery time is better than c/s but honestly, from my friends who just had their first births their recoveries seemed worse than mine (labor for many hrs, tearing, long healing time, etc)... (obviously everyone's different though...) 

I'm also worried about tearing & things never being the same 'down there'... (which my Dr said is not likely & I shouldn't take into consideration w/ my decision but still - everything is currently 'intact'  lol).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBAC with big baby?

• Options

I had a vbac with a 9 lb, 11 oz baby. My first was a c/s because of baby being breech. My vbac recovery was a million times better than my c/s and I don't consider my c/s recovery to have been all that bad.

It's all a personal decision as to whe

DS1: August 2009 (emergency c/s, HELLP syndrome) DS2: September 2012 (VBAC)
  • Options
    imagevaleivegas:

I'm wondering if anyone else had a successful VBAC with a large baby?  DS was 9 lbs and my Dr is estimat

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to see my Dr later today & will find out when/how many more u/s he plans on doing. I have had about 3 already - & each time she was measuring big. I swear I forgot so much about the post-birth with DS - recovery, etc - I
  • Options
    My VBAC was with a 9lb 1oz baby at 42.5 weeks. As far as everything being normal "down there." Don't worry about it. Totally back to normal after a 2nd degree tear. 
  • Options
    imageBlinkingLight1:
    My VBAC was with a 9lb 1oz baby at 42.5 weeks. As far as everything being normal "down there." Don't worry about
  • Options
    what I wanted to post was:  thanks for the reassurance about things being normal 'down there'.  Wink   It's a tough decision & I honestly didn't feel like
  • Options

FWIW - it's also a lot better for the baby to be born vaginally than by c/s - so to me there isn't a question about whether to try for a VBAC if possible.  

Good luck!   

• Options

You can do it, mama.  Our bodies are designed to birth the babies they create!  

My DD was 9 lbs 15 oz and c-section due to failed induction.

My DS was VBAC and 10 lbs 5 oz.  Recovery SO MUCH EAS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"