Parenting after 35
Options

Need help...3 kids (5,3,1) and pregnant again after vasectomy failed

My sweet baby girl just turned 1 a week ago. My husband got a vasectomy 6 weeks after she was born. We were very sure we were done having more kids. We are in the .6% who get pregnant even though he had a clear sperm sample at 3 months. I am so upset right now! I had moved on with my life and made plans for the future. I feel like I am so done with the little kids stage and being needed NON Stop. I love my children more than anything in the world, but I am not sure I can do it again. My fear is that I will resent this child and worry about being depressed. It isn't just the selfish personal reasons, but even the cost of having another in daycare for 5 more years. Anyone gone through this? I feel horrible for hoping for a miscarriage. I am 6 weeks. 

Re: Need help...3 kids (5,3,1) and pregnant again after vasectomy failed

• Options

There's always adoption!  But ask yourself, who is going to be a better parent than you would be to this LO...  Cut yourself some slack!  I know at least two other families that have had the same thing happen as you did.  In one cas

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was in your shoes a few months ago when I found out I was pregnant. We were absolutely sure that we were done at 2 kids. DH was about to get a vasectomy and then BAM! Pregnant.

i was in total shock. I wanted to sit on the couch all day and cry,

**Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not in your situation but it is one of my greatest fears, so I can empathize and sort of imagine how you must be feeling.  I am very done after 2 kids but cannot take hormonal BC due to a history of blood clots... had a paragard but my body re

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no advice but hope everything works out.
  • Options
    I am sorry for all that you are going through.  My sister was in a similar situation and I won't lie it took her almost a year and some drugs to get not a better emotional place about it.  But you know what  - now she is beyond thrilled wit
  • Options

Right about a year ago this time I found out that I was pregnant with our fourth.  I had a 5 year-old, a 3 year-old and a not even 1 year-old at home at the time.  My husband and I have experienced infertility, I was over 40 and we were using

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

Being pregnant is full of emotions. I can imagine being surprised pregnant adds to the the heightened emotions.  I'm sorry you are confused and scared and shocked.

I think what you are feeling is normal and I'm sure you will go through all t

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options
    I think all of your feelings are very normal.  When you take permanent steps to avoid pregnancy, your family is complete in your mind. I actually know several people this happened to, which is why I still have an IUD after my DH got his vas, but I kn
  • Options

Hello!! Not sure how I missed this post. I've been a bit busy lately. I am in that little percentage too that got pregnant after a vasectomy. DH got snipped when K was a few weeks old, and had the all clear even six months and one year post. Notice in

• Options
    What about adoption? Hugs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"