Pre-School and Daycare
Options

chronic vaginal odor in 3 yr old?

it seems like if we skip the bath even for one night my DD has a smell in her vaginal area. She has had a yeast infection before but she has a rash on her legs with that more then a smell. Just wondering what could be causing it. She has a check up coming up so i will as her pedi but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

TIA 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: chronic vaginal odor in 3 yr old?

• Options
    Is it a really bad smell or just a "regular" vagina smell? After having a boy, I was a bit surprised how dd's area can smell after a day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I notice this with DD1 and I think it is a wiping issue. We switched to flushable wipes and I have noticed a little bit of a difference.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD will get stinky down there after one day.  More especially when she goes to school.  I think it is when she is in charge of wiping herself.  Because on the days that she doesn't have school... she is totally fine, because we are wiping h
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We lovingly call it stinky toddler crotch and blame it on her not wiping well when using the bathroom. We are working with her on wiping better and always check after she wipes, which has helped. Also clean underwear every day - sometimes she will forget
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

it sounds like it might be a wiping issue, she has been potty trained for a few months and when she pee's we let her wipe herself and wipe her for #2, but maybe she is wiping improperly. 

i will try the wet wipes and see if that helps.

<
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Is she potty trained/training and wiping herself?  Many kids are not good at wiping and then get stinky down there.  I notice it with my kids.  They are at school (PreK and Kindy now but preschool prior) and they wipe themselves and don't a
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"