Dads & Dads-to-be

Sick during pregnancy-Concerns

My wife and I returned from our Ireland trip last week with more than just souvenirs. The day we were flying back to the U.S. she came down with a bad cold, mild fever, and a really bad cough that is persisting.  Since my wife has become pregnant, my level of paranoia about sicknesses and anything that could be harmful to her or the baby has increased tenfold.

My question is whether any of your wives or any of the lurking Mom's on here came down with sicknesses while pregnant?  Were there any lasting effects?  I'm pretty sure everything will be fine but my mind has been going a hundred miles an hour at night and we're still a week or two from our next OB appointment. 

Re: Sick during pregnancy-Concerns

• I think a lot of pregnant women get sick while they are carrying.  I think my wife did, but that all seems so long ago.

Viruses are what they are, not much you can do with them.  So I would watch for signs of an infection, or a fever,

• imageladyjenna13:

I think a lot of pregnant women get sick while they are carrying.  I think my wife did, but that all seems s

• Loading the player...
  • I got an upper respitory infection, sinus infection, and ear infection all together at 32 weeks and had it until almost 36 weeks. I tried everything at home without taking medicine and nothing helped I did not want to take anything while pregnant but sick
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If a woman is pregnant and sick, she probably should go see a doctor.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageLuckyDad:
    If a woman is pregnant and sick, she probably should go see a doctor.

Truly enlightening...

• imagefutant462:

imageLuckyDad
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    I caught a cold two weeks before delivery and still had a lingering cough during delivery. I didn't take any meds for it but then again I hardly ever take meds for anything, I'm the "let it run its course" type of person.

If its really bothe

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• imageLuckyDad:
    imagefutant462:</

• I somehow managed to drink water in Punta Cana. Let's just say that was not pretty. My OB checked me out and said I was just fine, no worries! I would have her call the OB if she's concerned, sometimes having her get checked out can offer a huge peace

• Lurking mom here!

When I was about 7 weeks pg with my first child, I was as sick with the flu as I've ever been in my life.  MAN, was I a hurting puppy!  High fever, aches, out of it, sore throat, coughing -- the works.  And it too

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • imageneverblushed:
    Lurking mom here!When I was about 7 weeks pg with my first child, I was as sick with the flu as I've ever been in my
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My wife who is 30 weeks pregnant this coming Wednesday has had a bad hacking cold since 3 weeks ago. We went on a few day get away to Gull Lake in MN last Monday and on the day we arrived she started vomiting and had diarrhea. Now almost one week later wi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"