November 2011 Moms

annoyed at neighbor's comment

On Saturday DH and I took DD to the church across the street for an easter egg hunt.  We ran into our neighbors and we were talking about our weekend so far.  She was telling me about her daughter's swim lessons.  I asked where they go b/c we've been thinking about enrolling DD.  She told me where they go... but added that "it's really expensive."  So I'm not sure if she told me that b/c she wanted me to know that she pays a lot for her DD, or because she thought it would be too much for me..  I mean, come on, we live in the same neighborhood, drive similar cars, send our kids to the same daycare and work in similar careers, so I'm not sure what makes her think swimming lessons would break our bank.  DH rolled his eyes when I told him b/c he gets annoyed with her as it is.  Has anyone every had a similar response about something financial related? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: annoyed at neighbor's comment

• I haven't had a similar situation. But I would say to take it as her character would mean it. If I made that comment to a neighbor, I would be telling them as a heads-up. But I would mostly likey say something along the lines of "It's expensive, but we

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess it would depend on her tone and facial expression when she said it.  I know I've said it when talking about stuff, but as a heads up not as a "one up" or insinuating the other person couldn't afford it.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP's she could've meant it as a heads up or even could be a little embarrassed that they pay so much for it so if you were to look it up and see how much it is you wouldn't think they were crazy for paying so much. Obviously, you know her bet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would think it was just a heads up, unless she said it in a really snooty voice.  If you two have similar incomes and she thinks it is expensive, then she was probably just giving you a warning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagembgreenwalt:
    I guess it would depend on her tone and facial expression when she said it.  I know I've said it when talkin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"