October 2013 Moms

bv infection

On Monday I found out I have bacterial vaginosis.My Ob acted like it was no big deal,ordered a vaginal cream and said I could use it at 14 wks,I'm 12wks 4days now.

Well I started researching this infection and the treatments today.It has me freaked out a little,seeing some sites said increased risk of mc in the 2nd tri. preterm labor ect.

I also seen some women need repeated treatments.I guess I'm just extra nervous having Graves disease and being told if that wasn't treated I could miscarry.Now this,infection pops up and I was just starting to get over that paranoid feeling of losing lo,now it's back. This is the 1st time I had a VB infection.

Has/does anyone ever have/had this being PG?If so how did it go(is it going) any advice.Is it really that big of a deal if it's treated?

Thanks

EDD: 10/08/13 

Re: bv infection

• I get bv all the time while pregnant. I guess it's just a hormone thing? Anyway, just take the treatment and everything will be fine. I know it's scary but it's really not a big deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What are the symptoms of BV???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It can range from no symptoms to itching,fishy smell more so after sex.Also a greyish to yellow discharge.I think there may be some more.I had odd discharge,so I was tested.

I thought it was light brown ,spotting but it had a yellow tint to it.I'

• imageCuteghost:
    It can range from no symptoms to itching,fishy smell more so after sex.Also a greyish to yellow discharge.I think there
  • imageYcu2013:
    imageCuteghost:</stron
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• I had it last pregnant at 12 weeks and this pregnancy at 4 weeks. The benefits of treating it outweigh the risks of the medication... Plus medicine like that has much less chance of passing to the baby than oral medication. Try not to worry too much... It
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Step away from Google, my dear. Even if you have a cold, google can convince you that death is on knocking on your door. I would just trust your doctor to take care of you and do your best to get better as soon as possible. Everything will be fine :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It Actually can be a big deal.  Definitely  use the medication, generally they don't treat it until the 2nd tri.....it will most likely be fine. I lost my last pregnancy just after 15 week because my water broke due to bacterial vaginosis s
  • imagereederah:
    imageYcu2013:<

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"