February 2013 Moms

Who else is successfully breastfeeding?

I read so many stories of women that just can't make a go of it, and I feel terrible for them. I really expected this to be much harder, and was wondering how many other success stories are out there. I'm not saying this is the easiest thing I've ever done, Mason is only 26 days old and is feeding 10-15 times a day, I wake up 3 times a night to feed him, and I've had to cut dairy out of my diet. But, I feel really good about our experience so far. Just hoping there are quite a few who aren't having problems.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who else is successfully breastfeeding?

• I had cracked nipples and inverted nipples but we dealt with it fairly easily but with quite a bit if pain.. I had mastitis as well.. But honestly I still really enjoy it! I don't feel like it has been so bad..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Other than a shiels for the first month,  frequent feeding making clusters a nightmare, and some oversupply that I'm trying to regulate, it has been easier than expected and I love that he cuddles and eyeballs me the whole time. I also love on-the-bo
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have actually had an incredibly easy experience. My daughter latched on and ate immediately after birth, I have not had any pain, and I have always had great supply. Not at all what I expected, and I feel bad mentioning it because I know so many people
  • PB&J9PB&J9 member
    I've had a really easy experience with it.  I had some tenderness the first two weeks but that was it.  DS has a good latch and my supply has been fine so far. My mom had a terrible experience so I expected to have the same, but its been very ea
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby #1, born 3/1/13, Baby #2 due 12/13/14
  • I had a really easy time with breastfeeding as well. The first couple of days my left nipple was a bit cracked and sore, but that didn't last long. Once we figured out how to deal with my over active letdown, it was smooth sailing.

I have a

• DS latched like a champ and I only had super tender nipples for the first week. Now things are pretty good. He feeds for about 25 minutes each session and we deal with some reflux, but he is a happy spitter. My only issues was dealing with being his so

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My nipples bled the first week. I cried, DD cried, but we saw an LC and bought some lanolin and I started pumping a little.

The second week was great.

Into week 3 and my nips are sore and tired after this last growth spurt but we're sti

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRosebean:

DS latched like a champ and I only had super tender nipples for the first week. Now things are pretty good. He feeds

• We're still going strong at 10w with DS2.  I'm hoping to go as long as I did with DS1, 14 months

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I am successfully breastfeeding.

I tried so hard with my first, but she wasn't back to her birth weight at 9 weeks (despite working with several LCs), so I threw in the towel and went to exclusively pumping. I still feel guilty for stopping EPing

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is EBF and it has come very easily, although I've been dairy free since she was born. She spits up a LOT, probably due to oversupply and her immature gut, but I've cut wheat, citrus, chocolate, and cruciferous vegetables from my diet for the past 2 wee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We haven't had any issues and I love it! Sometimes I still get frustrated and thoughts of quitting creep into my head but if I actually had to quit I would be devestated because I love it so much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Really great to see so many others that are going strong.

imageeatdrinkstretch:
    I have actually had an incredibly easy ex
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebustdstuff:

Really great to see so many others that are going strong.

BabyFetus Ticker

• We have been successfully breastfeeding but I feel like there were many times I could have quit, like when I had very painful bleeding nipples the first two weeks and mastitis the third week and now dealing with major oversupply/over active letdown and ST
  • Breastfeeding has gone great for us. My nipples were a bit cracked the first week, but it was nothing a little coconut oil couldn't fix! I do have an overactive letdown, and DD will occasionally cough and pull off, but then she latches right back on no pr

• I had some blistering during the first few days, but after a week or so, it's been pretty smooth sailing. The only problem we have is an over active letdown on one side and gas. I really couldn't have hoped for a better experience. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Breastfeeding DD1was an epic failure and was the source of lots of stress and tears.  DD2 nurses like a champ!  It was such a huge relief when she had her first checkup and her weight was fantastic.  So, the moral of my story for those stru
  • I would say once we got out of the1st few weeks of trying to et started, the pain and just wanting to cry. We are doing good. He is just over 7 weeks he's gaining weight like he needs to, get enough out put as well. 
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • I've breastfed for 43 months out of the last five and a half years and the worst problem I've had to deal with is sucking blisters (I currently have some on my right nipple).  Breastfeeding has been a wonderful experience for me with all of my kids!<

• With DD1 the first week was excruciating and she was a sleepy eater but we BF until 15 months. This time was easier. However, DD2 is not a comfort nurser and if I try to feed her when she isn't really hungry, she LOSES HER MIND and it's pretty stressful.
  • Another success here. Never had any issues, and after just 1 week the very small blister I had was healed and I've been pain free ever since. 
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• I didn't even try to bf DD because I was freaked out about it and had heard horror stories. I was determined to try and make it work this time.

I had to use a nipple shield and SNS with formula for the first 5 days or so and I felt like my ni
  • I so happy to see how many bfing mamas we have on our Feb board!! Stick with it ladies! With my DS1, bfing was a mess. There was weight loss, supplementing, low supply, domperidone, and nipple shields! We made it 19 months though until he self-weaned!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm successfully breastfeeding now, but it wasn't always easy. I had oversupply and overactive letdown, which was very hard to regulate. I almost gave up when DD was a month old. In fact, the only reason I didn't give up is because of the cost of formula.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• We are at six weeks and things are surprisingly easy.  The first few weeks were hard - cracked and blistered nipples, baby fighting at the breast, oversupply, forceful letdown - but once we made it through those things, it's been pretty smooth sailin

• imagejcar2:
    It hasn't been easy. I've been dealing with low supply issues so I've been working with a LC and trying to get DS to ga

• I've been breastfeeding for 21 months now and tandem feeding for 7 weeks. I'm lucky and haven't had any issues at all. I love breastfeeding and look forward to the next few years :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Breast feeding has been really easy this time. DS latched instantly and we haven't had a problem since. I have to watch my dairy intake, but that is a given, since I am lactose intolerant.  I was really shocked how easy it is this time. 

<
  • KD79KD79 member

Breastfeeding itself is going fine.  Luke latched on like a champ and has never really had any latch problems.  That said, we've dealt with overactive letdown, oversupply, thrush, and I have excess lipase, so I have to scald my milk and freez

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"