Cloth Diapering

New to CD...stains on MF inserts?

Hi there,

I am a FTM and new to the world of CD. I decided to do a trial run with my CD's yesterday. I have Kawaii OS pocket diapers with MF inserts. I'm currently only using the Pure and Naturals as they are smaller. My question is...is it normal for the newborn breastfed poo to come off the shell but to stain on the insert? I washed the diapers today beginning with a cold rinse (very little detergent), followed by a warm wash on heavy duty cycle with detergent and ended with another cold rinse (no detergent). I have an HE front loader if it matters. Would you recommend a different wash routine or is it completely normal for the inserts to come out with stains? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to CD...stains on MF inserts?

• I think it might be normal? We've been cd'ing since DD was about 4/5 months old.  I use BG 4.0's exclusively, and while none of my covers are stained, a good half of my mF inserts are.  I tried sunning a few days ago and they faded a little, but
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep, I think it's normal. Like PP said, most of our covers are stain-free but the MF inserts hold on to the stain a lot longer. I've had luck using some color-safe bleach and stripping with RLR for the really deep-set stains. The RLR made everything look
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"