June 2013 Moms
Options

Sad Shower registry

This is Kind of a vent! Even though i am thankful to receive any kind of gifts I'm a tad disappointed in my registry buys. I am having one huge shower about 40 people this Saturday and nobody's buying off my registry people are asking me questions about nursery decor and I guess doing their own thing. I guess the items you really need aren't fun for people to buy. Anyways just kinda frustrating after spending weeks on my registries, at least its a list for me to go by I'm gonna have a LOT to purchase

Re: Sad Shower registry

• Options
    Lots of people buy gifts last minute so don't worry too much. Maybe they know what you need better than you do, smiley.
  • Options
    Mine is next Sunday, and 2 items (toys) have been purchased. I'm not too worried about it. First of all, most people wait till the last minute. Pay day (for a lot of people) was Friday, and its a holiday weekend. If they want to buy off your registry, the
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't stress.  I buy shower gifts like the day before or even the day of.
  • Options
    imagenotquiteblushing:
    Don't stress.nbsp; I buy shower gifts like the day before or even the day of.

Thi

• Options
    I agree with you on one thing, you are going to have A LOT to buy. I'm guessing 18 yrs plus college tuition!

You're having a baby and no one really HAS to buy you anything. Registries are merely suggestions. I'm just grateful for everything

• Options

imageihearttab:
    imagenotquite
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Options
    Yeah I guess your right about most people waiting till the last minute. I'm not stressing too bad I know babys are expensive forever! Anyways just seeing if any of you were experiencing the same thing. Hope y'all had a good Easter
  • Options
    After going to a friends shower where I was the only person to buy off her registry I'm not expecting much different for mine. It's frustrating because there is a reason you create a registry. It's ok that you feel like this. It's not like you'll go on a
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    imageihearttab:
    imagenotquiteblushin

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options

I don't think about shopping for a baby shower until a day or two before the shower.

It will all be fine.  We had no showers before our son was born as we adopted him.  Showers were after he was home with us.  We survived just fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

imagenotquiteblushing:
    Don't stress.  I buy shower gifts like the day before or even the day of.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • Options
    imageLovestruckAJ:

imagenotquiteb
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

You should always assume you will buy everything you need for your baby. Anything you receive as a gift is just extra. A registry lets people know what you need and want but isn't an order.

Rather than be disappointed that you aren't getting stuf

• Options
    Sometimes people will buy items that are on your registry, but not put it under it so that you don't know it's been purchased. My family does that to me!!
  • Options

imageihearttab:
    imagenotquite
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Please, please, please don't let this affect your attitude going into your shower!

Seriously - just stop looking at your registry, allow yourself to get excited about what a fun day it's going to be, and then be pleasantly (and genuinely) surpris

• Options
    I just had a moderate sized shower Saturday (25 people) and most people purchased the day before! I was pleasantly surprised that even though people didn't purchase off my registry, they still purchased the same or similar items (probably cheaper somewher
  • Options
    If you have people asking you questions, I would guide them to your registry.  Sometimes I don't buy off the registry, but rather use it as a guide.  But I'm also one to include all receipts in case someone doesn't like the gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand what you mean. I know it seems whiney or ungreatful but it is still a little disappointing. My shower with DH's family is next weekend and so far I am only aware of 1 thing that was bought from my registry. I think part of the issue with DH's
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I had to LOL. I didn't get anything off my registry. We got a ton of diapers, wipes and clothes. I'm very thankful they got us stuff we could use.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    No judgement. As many people that say they're so grateful for anything they receive some of those women feel disappointed too. They may not express it, but i'm sure you're not alone. I hope your shower will be fine and you'll be pleasantly surprised
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like you guys went through the same thing so now I know it's just not my friends and family. You are so right I'm gonna promise myself not to look at the registry again and be surprise and enjoy the time with family and friends!!! Thanks!
  • Options

imageJtaxson:
    Lots of people buy gifts last minute so don't worry too much. Maybe they know what you need better than you do, smile

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Options
    imageblush64:
    You should always assume you will buy everything you need for your baby. Anything you receive as a gift is just extra. A r
  • Options
    My friend had a shower last week and said she mostly got clothes for her little girl. She said she did not receive one bottle. I was really shocked and I hope that does not happen to me.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options

imagelioness13:
    My friend had a shower last week and said she mostly got clothes for her little girl. She said she did not receive

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:

image <stro
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Options
    I feel like people tend to go cute clothes crazy with girls, and it's all they buy. I'm hoping since mine is a boy that won't happen. I'm a very practical person. I would be thrilled with wipes, diapers, bottles, burp cloths. I hope my family is just as p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"