May 2013 Moms

Need to vent

I saw my mom at Easter today(hadn't seen her for about a month) and first thing she tells my sister is that she thinks my butt looks big.   So of course my sister comes up and tells me that.   Awesome....just what you want to hear when you are almost 8 months prego.  Could be I'm a bit overdramatic about this but the comment still hurt.  (FYI - I have gained 1/2in thru my hips so far.)   
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Need to vent

• I hear you... Today I went to my in laws for Easter and got way too many comments about how big my belly was and if I'm sure there aren't 2. Got old really quick. I'm 31/4 and I have until the end of may.
  • Early on in my pregnancy my mom told me that I was going to get fat all over because I'm short. She made a comment the last time I saw her about how amazed she was that all I gained was in my belly, she did make sure to point out my acne though...thanks m
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It does get annoying! I'm expecting number 3 5/31 plus found out this week that i'm carrying extra fluid. My mil said today "wow, you are getting sooooo big!" um, thanks. I'm right on target with weight gain and I carry all in the front. I just get annoye
  • I'm not sure what people are thinking when they say some of these things.

Today when H and I arrived at my dad's, he said, "Well one of you is looking slender!" while looking at H obviously implying that I was big. 

Gee thanks dad! I

Photobucket 
  • I'dalmost take at over my mom not saying anything about how I look. Positive or negative.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MmW36MmW36 member

I didn't understand why so many pregnant women took offense to the "you're getting big" comments. I mean, I'm pregnant-- I am getting big. Well, a few days ago my grandmother's sister stopped by while we were visiting and said that it looked like I had

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I usually say it first so if anyone does make a remark it bothers me less then. I think they're harmless observations but nonetheless it's still awful.

FWIW Hs friend referred to me as the fat ginger bird yesterday so I know how annoying it

Pregnancy Ticker
  • when i was pregnant with #1, my mom announced at my baby shower that it looked like i was having twins, one in my belly and one in my butt.  made me feel awesome
  • Last night we were at my SILs for dinner and I decided to have a piece of cake (something I usually never do because I find it makes me sick). So as I'm cutting it my MIL pipes in "Oh look who's having cake" I responded with "Eh I'm pregnant might as w

image"Image">imageAnniversaryimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"