February 2013 Moms

showering with baby

will someone please explain to me how you do this safely.  I have read several posts where people say they shower with their kiddo, but i feel like i would be a complete clumsy slippery mess.  So please explain - feel free to treat me like a child and explain step by step - i think this would be great if i could pull it off! please and thank you! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: showering with baby

• At first it was just holding him to my chest or cradling him in one arm, he wasn't very squirmy until recently, now I wear an old sports bra so that it's not totally skin to skin and slippery.

I also sit down in the shower more often than not, s

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • DH and I tag team it - one of us in the shower, one of us waiting outside with a towel and clean diaper. The outside one hands the baby to the one in the shower, who washes her off with Johnson and Johnson head to toe body wash. She does get slippery s

Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wear baby in a shower sling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's easier when my husband is home and I can hand her off to get dried afterwards, but it's still totally doable by myself.
    I strip baby down to a diaper and wrap in a blanket. I sit her in the bouncy chair in the bathroom and hop in the shower to

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"