April 2013 Moms
Options

stripping membranes

What's ur take on having membranes stripped..should I ask my dr about it Tuesday? I'm due Saturday

Re: stripping membranes

• Options
    I'm for it. Don't see anything wrong with it helped me go into labor every time. My dr is gunna do it on Wednesday for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My midwife offered to do this for me to kick up the productivity of my contractions. I would have taken her up on it, but it isn't recommended for women with GBS. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you read my earlier post about "debate in my head" this was part of my debate.  I thought it was just a stardard question at your 39 week apt for the Dr to ask if you wanted one.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  For me it w

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Last week, my OB attempted to strip mine, but said I was only 1 cm dilated and she couldn't squeeze her fingers in enough to do it.  I go back this Wednesday and hope that I've dilated more so my OB can work her magic.  She described mem

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My midwife that I've had through most of my pregnancy had the same due date as me and delivered her baby on Friday so she wasn't at my 39 week appointment (technically 38w6d). I don't think my normal midwife would have offered but the fill in midwife did.
  • Options
    At this point if it were offered I would take them up on the offer.  However I'm barely dilated, so my guess is it wouldn't even be an option at this point.
  • Options
    imageNandaB:

I would not do it before 40 weeks since that is how long you should be pregnant. But I also feel like it would (will)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Had mine stripped twice with DS1 at around 39 and 40 weeks and he was born at 40w2d. I'm looking forward to them offering it this time because I will definitely take them up on the offer. I think it helped the process along.
  • Options
    I am going to ask about it at my next appointment. If I have the option to do it at 39 weeks, I will. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tuesday is my due date and hope to get mine stripped too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"