February 2013 Moms

MIL sending me to do grocery shopping

My MIL got in today to help us out around the house for the week. Her first task was to make me a grocery list and tell me to go shopping while she stays with DD. I don't want to leave my LO at all! How do I get out of this without offending my MIL? She is not helping me relax at all...I don't want to be away from LO and I don't need my alone time!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: MIL sending me to do grocery shopping

• I have four kids and my MIL has tried something like this with every one of them.  She tries to control things and tell me what to do. It can be hard, but my advice is to tell her the truth nicely, yet in a manner that she gets the message she sho

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • I have told MIL flat out not to do things. A sometimes cries in her sleep and MIL was patting her and it was waking her up. I told her that I'm not trying to be a ***, but she needs to listen to me when I tell her things regarding A.

Tell her
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess is she wanted to be nice and give you a chance to get out without LO. If you don't want to, though, then thank her for her offer and tell her it would be a bigger help if she would do the shopping for you while you stay home with LO or you all go

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• She just made a list of the things she thinks you need and ordered you to go buy them?  Or you asked her to make a list?  Because if it's really the first one, no need to find a polite way to tell her to do it herself!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekelly321:
    My guess is she wanted to be nice and give you a chance to get out without LO. If you don't want to, though, then thank h

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• imageericalee27:
    imagekelly32

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"