Food Allergy
Options

Neocate or Elecare?

Well, it finally happened, after 5.5 months, we finally have blood in stool. We are currently on Alimentum RTF and I'm assuming our GI will switch us to an elemental tomorrow. Which do you recommend and why? My instinct is to go with Elecare since they are made by Abbott, like Ali RTF is, but I don't know. I'm so worried about the thinness of an elemental also. My guy already aspirates thin liquids, but we've been able to get by without thickeneing with the Ali RTF, since it's slightly thicker, but I'm guessing we'll have to thicken an elemental with something and I just don't know what. Is there a taste difference between EleCare and Neocate? Is there a thickeness difference? Is one closer to Ali RTF then the other? Should we gradually switch or just cold turkey it? Thanks for any thoughts...
M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Neocate or Elecare?

• Options
    DD is on Neocate.  I never tried Elecare.  I went cold turkey from Nutramigen to Neocate at 4.5 months.  She spit up a ton for the first few 2-3 weeks, but never spits up now.  She does not aspirate or have difficulty with texture, so
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

We went straight from Ali RTF to Elecare....and the transition was AWFUL. He had blood in his stool, and was in so much pain, so I did not do a slow transition, just cold turkey. But I wish I had slowly transitioned. He hated the Elecare taste - so jus

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recommend Nutramigen AA, which is now called PurAmino.  My son is on it and does well with it.  We tried Neocate last week because it was a little bit cheaper in price,but my son did awful on it, so I switched back to Puramino and he is so muc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"