Special Needs
Options

Anyone had a second baby since....?

Hello ladies!

Am at a major fork in the road...Always wanted more kids, and have almost convinced myself to go ahead even after my guy's stroke/NICU time, etc....but am so, so, so scared. I'm just so afraid that I'll be terrified the whole time...Just wondering if any of you have gone on and had a second after complications with your first? And if you did, how? I'm not of strong faith...and I am getting older...It's kind of heartbreaking in a way...I'm just so scared that something else will go wrong... Especially with not knowing why/how it happened the first time, and having a normal pregnancy...

Re: Anyone had a second baby since....?

• Options

We are torn right now too. I think having another SN child would not be the best for our family. I know there is a chance another child would not have ASD like DD but I am convinced they would. So basically we are not even considering what a typical ch

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD1 is a stroke baby.  Honestly, I don't know how long it would have taken to be 'ready' for a second, or to get baby fever, etc.  We didn't really have a choice because I was told I shouldn't take hormonal bcp due to finding out I had the MT

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel the same way. I feel like if DS didn't have SN, we would probably already be trying for a second (DS is almost 2.). The geneticist can't find a genetic link to his medical conditions, but as RealisticDreams pointed out, even if it isn't genetic

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I want a chance at an NT kid (Flameful? maybe. But it's the truth.)

Not flameful...I know what you mean.

Thanks for sharing  

• Options
    imagekitchencolors:
    imageTuicatM
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

Yes, and no. Yes, we have DD2, who is NT; but we didn't know at the time that DD1 had ASD. We got the diagnosis on DD2's first birthday, in fact. 

So we got lucky, really. Both in the fact that she is, by all indications, NT; and the fact th

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options

I found out I was pregnant with DS2 in late August and the ugly A word first reared its head in early October.  Chris was already receiving speech and special instruction for some reason I thought it was just a speech delay - well that's what I ke

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I found out I was unexpectedly pregnant two weeks before we got our child's diagnosis. It's genetic, so I will be having CVS to see if this baby has it too. I really just need to know and obviously we are hoping this child does not have it. I want the cha
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm in the "Foot in the Typical World" camp too. H and I have very loosely brought up a second child. It came up again on Saturday when we were debating on keeping the PnP and bassinet attachments.

For a long time H was one and done with DD's is

• Options

I did. Ds is our s/n kid. He's 5 years older than our next oldest because it was just too much at the time to deal with more than just him. And it was hard to take that leap of faith, especially because they weren't 100% sure on his dx (in fact, now th

• Options

Yep! Our first has high functioning Autism. He will be 6 in July. Our 2nd had infant cancer and died when he was 2yrs old, 17 months ago. Our 3rd is NT, no issues so far. He just turned 2. I'm due in Sept. Nervous? Of course. But its not overtaking my

Mom of 5
    Boy 7-11-2007 (has Autism),
    Boy 2-26-2009 to 11-2-11 (had cancer at 4mo),
    Boy 3-28-2011 (has Autism)
    Girl 9-3-2013
    Baby due 2-22-2016
  • Options

DS#1 is on ASD and was diagnosed at 22 months. I have been where you are now worrying if we can ever have another child with all the worry, anxiety and if we can beat the odds. 

I think giving it sometime was the best solution that worked fo

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We went sure we were going to have another. My DS is 7 and was dx with transverse myelitis at 6 months. He is in a wheelchair, has bladder issues, and trouble with his breathing at times. Lots of work. We just had our DS2 about 2 months ago and my DS1 is
  • Options
    DD1 is 17 months and I am 7 months pregnant now. We always wanted at least 2 but for several months I was too scared to even DTD because I was afraid of getting pregnant. I had an aweful pregnancy with finding out her diagnosis and being told she wouldnt
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately, we won't have anymore. I am sad about it, actually have tears in my eyes now, but I don't want to take that chance. I am certain that another SN child would break me. I always wanted at least two kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"