Baby Showers
Options

Opinions

So my baby shower will be all girls, I don't like the whole guy and girl thing a lot of people are doing now a days.. Anyways. Dh doesn't want to come because its all girls which is fine, but I'm trying to talk him into coming at a time that we tell him and have him sit with me and open presents and then help take them to my car for me then he can leave. What's your opinions?? He says he doesn't wanna be center of attention but I'd feel a lot better if he was there with me for that, because it for OUR baby and I'd like him to be there to see what we get and everything.

Re: Opinions

• Options
    I don't think he needs to be there for gift opening. I would just tell him to pick you up 10 or so minutes before everyone leaves to pack the car and say thank you.
  • Options
    I do not expect, nor want, my H to go to any of my showers. I feel it would be awkward. I am, however, insisting he come for the last part of the family shower just to help pack up the car, but more to see his side of the family that attends for a moment
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's "fine" that he doesnt want to come, but you want to make him come? The gift opening is the point of the shower. To say come "just" for that is coming for the shower.

Yes, the gifts are for both of you, but the shower is for you. Go enjo
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    It's so interesting to see how different we all think! My shower will be all female family members and friends but DB will also be there. He never questioned it and just assumed its something he should be a part of and I kind of just assumed so also so I
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options

imagelindsey61811:
    While I do think the husband, boyfriend, whoever should be there, if he wants to be of course, I don't agree
    ~Benjamin Franklin

• Options

You don't want co-ed so don't push him. My DH never likes to be the center of attention but some of my best guy friends were so hurt I didn't have a co-ed bridal shower with the 50's theme and one will be the godfather it was agreed upon way back then

Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Options
    What did he do for your bridal shower?  I would think it would go about the same.
  • Options
    The past baby showers i've been to the DH drops the mom off at the venue (unless its at your own house) and usually just does a quick run around of hellos. Then leaves and comes back at the very end to load up the gifts.
  • Options

Things I am willing to force DH to do: 

Be present at the birth, change diapers, wash the baby, get up with the baby at night, participate in parenting decisions, etc.

Things I am not willing to force DH to do:

Be a

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options

If I went to a shower where the FTB showed up just for the gift opening (as in, skipped mingling, any games, etc.) it would strike me as very focused on the gifts. Like they just wanted the stuff and were ignoring the people who had come. And if he did

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't *make* him go.  Seriously, he'd be the only guy there in a room full of women, and would be basically the center of attention.  I think asking him if he wants to stop by at the last 5 minutes to greet his family a load gifts if fine, if he
  • Options
    Yes, it is both of your baby, but it is a party for you. Don't force him to go.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    It was really fun and helpful going through the gifts with my DH after the shower, kind of like " reliving" it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecinderin:

Things I am willing to force DH to do: 

Be present at the birth, change diapers, wash the baby, get up wi

~Benjamin Franklin

• Options

imagetmccord21:
    The past baby showers i've been to the DH drops the mom off at the venue (unless its at your own house) and usually
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

A fiend of mine had/made her DH come to an all womens shower (she said he wanted to come) but you could tell he felt very awkward and acted like he wanted to be ANY place other then at that shower opeing gifts. I felt awkward FOR him. :-)

To t

• Options

imageMrsLee04:
    I can't blame him for not wanting to be at a women-only party.  I think it needs to be women-only without him,
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I guess I find it odd that anyone's DH or DTB would be so insistent about NOT coming or stopping by the baby shower, all women or not. I mean some of the women there will most likely be his family and people he knows. It's not like you are asking him t

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We talked an he decided on coming........ When I said I wanted him to come wasn't meaning I was going to fight with him about it it just meant I was going to get opinions to tell him. Thanks though...............
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"