Blended Families
Options

Resovling potential issues with our lawyer?

DH and I have a lawyer handling modifying DH's c/s payments. In the past we have had a very good experience with this lawyer but now we have have a potential issue. Yesterday we received a letter from our lawyer dated a few days prior stating that DH needed to complete a parent education class to complete the modification. DH called to schedule this a few min after getting this letter but that office was closed for Good Friday. Today we got a letter from the court stating that DH needs to file proof of taking this class within 60 days of filing the motion to modify or his pleadings will be dismissed. 60 days have already passed and DH hasn't even scheduled the class as he just found out about this.

He just sent our lawyer an e-mail asking about this. Am I correct is assuming that his lawyer should have told him about this sooner? If so and we have to start this process over again because of her error should we ask/ expect to not be charged for those hours? How should we handle this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Resovling potential issues with our lawyer?

• Options

I had something similar happen with a parenting class in my original divorce. My attorney thought she had told me but I knew nothing about it until she asked me for proof that I had taken it... after the deadline. I took the class as soon as I could an

• Options
    Our attorney did stuff like this all the time and we still had to pay. We got a new attorney who wasn't much better. We finally settled mostly to stop losing years from our life due to stress and legal bills
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"