December 2012 Moms
Options

Hair loss

Anyone else shedding like crazy?  I know this is normal post-pregnancy, but does anyone know about how long it typically lasts?  It is driving me crazy!

Re: Hair loss

• Options
    I know this is when I chopped my hair off with DS, and want to do it now too. It's ridiculous. I feel like cleaning my bathroom is pointless right now. Poor LO has it all over her too. I'm constantly taking it off of her. I can't remember how long it last

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mine hasn't started yet but I've been curious about this topic as well. I already have pretty thin hair and for STMs I'm curious is it better to cut your hair short or keep it long enough to put it up to hide bald spots. Ive heard that there can be bald s

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have crazy thick, coarse, wavy hair so I've never had to deal with bald spots. My hair is significantly thinner though. I've been doing a pony because when its down its line in raining hair. Last time I got one of those cute angled bobs so it was still

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am losing so much hair that I could have made my bald father a wig several times now! It's crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I keep having to call our management company's maintenance line to get them to take the cover off our shower drain and de-clog it (DH and I can't manage to clean it ourselves, and they prefer to do it *shrug*).  I feel bad the same guy has been out t
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    About a year ago someone on a board I participated in on the nest said that sh wished someone or some book a has mentioned hair loss a few months post partum. She thought she was sick!!! Had it not been for that post over a year ago I too would have thoug
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    imageArmyWife114:
    I keep having to call our management company's maintenance line to get them to take the cover off our shower drain and
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageminervacullen:
    I have crazy thick, coarse, wavy hair so I've never had to deal with bald spots. My hair is significantly thinner th

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    This is the one post partum thing I was dreading or I should say DH was dreading. I have long hair so he is not a fan of my shedding and getting hair all tangled in our vacuum and covering the walls of the shower.

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    My hair is coming out in handfuls. I keep it tied back in the day and LO is still covered in it. And I brush before taking a shower and I still get gobs of hair out when I wash it. I hope it doesn't last long. DH says I shed worse than our dog and cat.
  • Options
    Omgosh yes, I even chopped my hair off and the lady cut it much shorter than I wanted it and it's still shedding! It is everywhere!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so glad someone posted this... I thought I was imagining things! I'm definitely losing tons of hair, and had no idea it was a postpartum thing.
  • Options
    I have super thick and coarse hair to begin with, so I was actually looking forward to a little hair loss postpartum because it was getting so unmanageable when I was pregnant.  But I have to say, it's crazy how much hair I'm losing.  It's all o
  • Options
    They say it typically lasts until your LOs first birthday.
  • Options

imagebrittersdamod:
    They say it typically lasts until your LOs first birthday.

It can last a year?! I wi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"