Breastfeeding
Options

Pump Q?

So we registered today for the Medea handsfree electric pump. I feel totally clueless. I know it is expensive at 399 but I will be headin back to work around 8 weeks and would still like to pump and give my baby breast milk. This is my first baby and plan on more so I hope it is a good purchase. Is there a good book or something online that will teach me more about breast feeding? I have so many questions! Is the pump I registered for a good pump? Any tips or ideas for me? My baby is due in June! Thanks y'all!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pump Q?

• Options
    You should call your insurance and see if they cover a pump. Many are now covering double electric pumps like the medela Pisa for free. I would recommend getting a hands free bra simple wishes for about 30 from amazon. It's nice to pump hands free!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As far as a pump have you checked with your insurance to see if they will cover it? Now days with the Obomacare pumps ate being covered. As far as breast feeding have you looked into classes that the hospital your delivering at? Plus see if there is a la
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member

As far as a book - I really liked Breastfeeding Made Simple.  The website Kellymom.com is really good too.  

As far as pumps, I don't know about that one, but I got the Medela Pump In Style Advanced (I think I got it for around $250 may

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would recommend either the PISA or getting 23 extra sets of pump parts. The Freestyle is a good pump but if the parts are not 100 completely dry you will lose suction. There are 3 parts to the suction piece that you will have to wash, air dry, and put t
  • Options

I have the Medela swing & it's great.  In hind sight though I wish I'd chosen the double pump....would save me so much time.  I really had no idea what to expect as far as breast feeding was concerned too.  I wish someone had really

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"