February 2013 Moms
Options

Gripe Water Users ??

I know this has been asked before probably, but I'll ask again.

When DD went through her latest growth spurt all the eating she was doing seemed to give her worse gas so we got her some gripe water last night and gave her a dose early this morning. I gave her a second dose this afternoon.

The bottle says no more than 6 doses in a 24 hour period. To me that means no more than three. I only give it to her if she is crying about her gas. I want her to work it out on her own if she is just fussing.

My question is, how often do you use gripe water? Ours is Wellements Baby brand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gripe Water Users ??

• Options
    We used it a couple of times a day at most, but we found that the simethicone drops worked better for gas. The gripe water worked better for hiccups and sour belly.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with pp. we use gripe water for hiccups. We use babies r us gas drops for gas. This works for us
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We used a few different kinds and the simethicone. Even our pedi says that the gas drops don't work very well for most (not very helfful for us).

All the gripe waters we tried said "no more than 6 per day" and I'm the same, for me it means only

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We use Mommy's Bliss. I don't use it more than six times in 24 hours, but I would say DS gets it 3 or 4 depending on the day. Sometimes less, never more. He gets one before bed to help settle his tummy as part of his bedtime routine because he gets a bott
  • Options
    We use mommys bliss mostly for hiccups. She gets it maybe 3 times a day or less. And FYI you can get two of them for like 16 on amazon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    usually only when gassy or has the hiccups 
    imageimage
    Me:32 DH:33 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
    Mommy Graphics
  • Options

imagechesnutridge:
    We used it a couple of times a day at most, but we found that the simethicone drops worked better for gas. The g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have switched to an all natural herbal remedy of catnip and fennel. I squeeze enough to cover his soother and that's it. I can dose as many times as I want, I use less than gripe water and works several times as fast. I am highly recommending it for gas
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"