August 2013 Moms
Options

Frustrated re: Waiting on nursery

BF thinks we should wait to put together our nursery. I just had a cerclage put in on the 22nd and Doc put me on limited activity. At my one week checkup they asked me to cancel any travel plans we were supposed to be flying to Hawaii today. Doc indicated they consider me high risk until 3rd Tri at least.

I was hoping to fill my time with getting the nursery ready but he wants to wait til the start of 3rd Tri. I see his point but am feeling deflated. Anyone else waiting? I guess I could get neurotic over the registry or read some baby care books but I sorta feel like I'm in limbo.

Re: Frustrated re: Waiting on nursery

• Options
    We're actually starting the renovations for that room today. We finished all the demo. My house is 102 years old and I've been renovating slowly for the last 5 years. So, long story short...we probably won't get around to actually doing the furniture and
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options

due to superstitions (not mine), there will be no building of any furniture until the baby is born. So basically, the crib will be put up while I'm in the hospital...

I hate that because I'd rather just have everything done and ready without havi

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're on limited activity, I would think putting the nursery together would be too much
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Waiting is so hard! I can imagine it's even harder on limited activity. We're moving in about a month so haven't really started getting things together either. I can't wait to get into our new house so we can start setting things up! I know there's no rus
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

That sucks that you can't go to hawaii :( I completely get wanting to have everything ready, but at the same time if you are using a PnP or bassinet, babies don't need thier rooms until they are at least a few month old. There are lots of other things

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    If you're on limited activity, I would think putting the nursery together would be too much
    </p
    image image

• Options
    imagecatskitch:

due to superstitions (not mine), there will be no building of any furniture until the baby is born. So basically, t

image"">imageimageimage

• Options
    You're not the only one.  We're moving in a month and a half and aren't buying ANYTHING for baby until then.  I pass the time by researching baby stuff and putting things on amazon and babysrus that  I want to buy.  I've also had to ca
  • Options
    imageSoleil3:

imagemagdalina.h:</

• Options

Our cribs will go up after the mural is completed. 

My Dad is pissy at times because his superstitions (which really, its the first time he's been like this... I thought he was joking) say "don't do anything until after the 2nd trimester." w

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    We are waiting for everything until third tri. We haven't bought anything or have even started the nursery. It feels like the time is going by so slowly. I did obsess over our registry a bit, now I need to go pick up some books.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Options
    Try reading the Baby Bargains book while your waiting. It might help prepare you before you make the purchases anyway. Im a first time mom and it helped me sift through all the options out there.
  • Options
    I agree that waiting til the start of 3rd tri might be in your best interest but in the mean time go ahead and start your registry, plan the details of your nursery, etc. I've gotten quite a bit of my nursery together (I'm not naive by any means with mult

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"