Attachment Parenting
Options

question about dropping nursing sessions

DD is 10 months and nurses 5 times a day and once or twice overnight. She gets some sips of water with her meals just to practice using a sippy cup. We rarely do purees anymore and she loves scrambled eggs, blueberries, banana, noodles, grilled cheese with spinach and turkey, etc. She has started to refuse nursing occassionally, so i just let her keep playing and try again later. I think she might cut back to 4 sessions a day soon.

When she starts to drop feedings and gets down to nursing only twice a day or so, do i need to offer her cows milk to replace the decreased milk she is consuming? What is your schedule like with your LO who only nurses 2 or 3 times a day? Do you just nurse in the morning and evening, and give them cows milk with their meals?

Thanks!

Re: question about dropping nursing sessions

• Options
    DS is 17 months old and not really on a schedule, but I nurse him on demand. Honestly, he would be super happy if I just walked around shirtless so that he can nurse any time he pleases. Ha!

You should ask your pediatrician about giving cows
    imageimage
  • Options

imageEmerald27:
    DS is 17 months old and not really on a schedule, but I nurse him on demand. Honestly, he would be super happy if I
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEmerald27:
    DS is 17 months old and not really on a schedule, but I nurse him on demand. Honestly, he would be super happy if I
  • Options
    imagebeany02:

imageEmerald27:</st
    imageimage
  • Options
    I nurse my 18 month old twice a day. He dropped down to 2adays around 14 months.

We treat milk like any other food. I don't use it in place of feedings, but at home I'll give him with meals if he asks for it. At daycare, they give milk at lun
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"