C-sections
Options

Bleeding after c section

FTM here. I had a c section 12 days ago and had the typical heavy bleeding for a few days afterwards but then it tapered off. Then the last two days I had no bleeding at all. All of a sudden this morning, I felt small gushes... Sorry TMI... and had nearly soaked through the pad. What's your opinion on this? Should I be concerned? TIA

Re: Bleeding after c section

• Options
    According to my visiting nurse, you should bleed off and on for 6 weeks.  It may seem to go completely away for a week, only to come back again for a few days, off and on.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have actually probably been doing more than I should be. The bleeding has definitely lessened since this morning. I googled it and it sounds like you are pretty right on and the increase in activity is likely causing the bleeding. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Doc told me the more I'm doing the more I'll bleed, and should tone it down.  They also said if I'm soaking through a pad in a short period of time to get to the doctor.  Hope this helps - good luck!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Yep, happened to me too.  When I started feeling good, I'd get a little too ambitious and it would ramp up my bleeding.  I bled off and on like that for about 5 or 6 weeks.  Some days it was a big whoosh, some days it was just spotting, som

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I had it off and on until ten weeks. One month into taking the pill.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"