3rd Trimester
Options

Cold medication?

I have been so lucky this winter and haven't been sick once! Of course, now I get a horrible cold. My throat hurts and I am so stuffed up. Nighttime is the worst. I can't remember if I ever had issues like this with my son. What can you take, if anything, during pregnancy? Are the Tylenol cold products ok?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cold medication?

• Options
    Isn't Sudafed ok?
  • Options

I switched drs midway through my first pregnancy.  One practice said yes to Tylenol cold products and one said no.  So I stayed away.  I am getting over a cold now and have just been drinking a TON of water and using saline spray.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    imagealilovesmatt08:
    Isn't Sudafed ok?

Yes. The plain sudafed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Neti pots are fine. My midwives also said both Sudafed and benedryl are ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took the regular sudafed when I had a cold.
  • Options
    skioskio member
    Nada for me. My doc OK'd Benadryl for before bed, which really only helps me sleep. But he's not cool with recommending any of the cold meds, even plain Sudafed, because there are so many differing opinions on whether they're safe. I kind of agree with hi
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine only okayed Benadryl. I took it so I could sleep. Otherwise I just dealt with the congestion during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I asked the pharmacist today and he said some docs say ok to sudafed and some don't. I just got some nasal spray and throat drops. I might try benadryl to knock myself out. I hate being miserable but don't want to hurt the baby. Stupid cold
  • Options
    My doc says Tylenol PM for sleeping/fevers. I just got over the flu a couple weeks ago and found that it offered relief from aches/fever and allowed me to sleep somewhat decently. On my worst day they told me I could take Tylenol Cold/Flu, but I only took
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor said cold medicines were fine and recommended sudafed and tylenol cold, especially to let me sleep since  wasn't able to.  My cold was awful, almost more like the flu, worst I'd ever had, and the actual cough stuck around for a month .
  • Options
    Sudafed, tylenol and my doctor just approved emergen-c at my request of using it. not sure if you have heard of it, it's been out for like a year or so now, i swear by it! i was getting a cold last week and took a pacakge a day and have felt great since!
  • Options
    Different doctors recommend different medications, so I would talk to yours. When I was really sick in first tri, I took Tylenol for fever/sore throat and that helped. I have been REALLY sick for over two weeks now that I'm in third tri, and I finally bro
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    My doctor told me to use Robitussin and it would be ok.  Just nothing that was Robitussin extra strength.  Regular strength
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"