December 2012 Moms
Options

Kicked out of daycare

So I got home today to find out our LO at 15 weeks was kicked out of daycare because he cried too much when they put him down. Since he started there, at their request, we stopped cosleeping, got him to be fine with us putting him down at home and even worked a nap schedule to match theirs and this morning they were asking me to write down everything I ate to see if there was a specific food giving him gas. No hint that when DH picked him up that they'd be telling us he was too much work. We are so disappointed and stressed at this point. It is crazy busy for both of us at our jobs so neither one can stay home right now and we have no other daycare openings in our area until August.

I can't believe they aren't even going to give us a week or so to find emergency care :
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
image image image

Re: Kicked out of daycare

• Options
    I would be so upset but honestly would not feel comfortable leaving my baby somewhere they were a "burden" apparently. So crazy. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I would file a report with the Better Business Bureau and also post complaints online so other parents are aware of how unprofessional this place is. Maybe little one would do better in a home daycare setting where more attention can be paid to each child
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man I'm so sorry! DD is high maintenance too and I would have a panic attack if that happened to us. It's a baby! Jeez. Agree with the better business bureau suggestion above.
  • Options
    Wow what kind of day care facility is this? I am not back at work yet but will be in two weeks and I was wondering if it was possible to get kicked out of day care because the last couple days with my LO have been very difficult.

I'm so sorry

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    I would file a complaint against them, maybe try their licenser. I work in childcare and have never heard about kicking a baby out for being tough. Its a baby! I'm so sorry this happened.
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
  • Options
    I am so sorry this happened to you! My son is starting daycare Monday and can be fairly fussy and generally just high maintenance. He cries a lot, especially when it comes to sleeping. My biggest fear is that they will tell me they can't keep him. I would
  • Options

All that sounds like a load of BS and I'm happy you are getting a new place (not at the time table though).

Babies should be napping on their own schedule (and eating) not on when the daycare feels like training them to.  I go to a medium si

• Options
    Sheesh! Definitly a poor job on their part ! Can you hire someone to watch at home in the interim? Maybe you have a SAHM friend that you could pay to watch LO? Or they might be able to suggest a sitter or share their sitter? Even if it's for a few d
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

That daycare sounds like a piece of work. I had my daughter in daycare, coslept, ect and they never said a dang thing! I mean they are freaking babies. They cry when they want something. I never had to get my kid on a schedule cuz the baby room had non

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    One more add on to be glad about though ... in my area there was a day care worker in the news who was fired and arrested for putting sleeping pills in sippy cups .... she was caught by a coworker before giving those particular cups so its not known if sh
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't believe they had the nerve to suggest you stop co-sleeping, etc. And kicking out a baby...insane. Even though they've screwed you over it sounds like its best in thelong run. I hope you find a new provider easily and quickly, and I agree I'd file
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

That daycare sounds like a piece of work. I had my daughter in daycare, coslept, ect and they never said a dang th

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

imageLittleFish1:
    One more add on to be glad about though ... in my area there was a day care worker in the news who was fired and
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"