Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Weight Question

My daughter just turned 6 months, at her last wic appointment they said she was in the low percentile for both her weight and height. She weighed 11 lbs. 11 oz. and was 22 and half inches long. She was a born a month early and weighed 5 lbs. 6 oz. when she was born. Both me and her dad are skinny and her dad was a preemie himself. Has anyone had this problem? I feel like she's just fine, but wic is telling me she's basically under weight and too small for her age.  

Re: Weight Question

• I have a tiny DD too.  She was 12 pounds 4 oz and 24.75 inches at her 6 month appt but she was 6.5 months at the time.  She is barely on the curve for weight (0.55%) and her pedi suggested to feed her rice cereal but I told her that DD didn't li
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think the people at WIC are doctors are they? (I'm not being sarcastic, I don't actually know if any of the offices have doctors at them or not). Percentiles are just a comparison to babies of the same age. Percentiles themselves cannot determi

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • In my nonprofessional experience that seems normal.  From what I read babies should double their birth weight by 6 months.  It looks like your LO did that so I would not be concerned.  Some babies are naturally petite/smaller than others wh
  • My dd was not 16 pounds at her 6 month appointment. I was told she was underweight because she hadn't doubled her weight. So, if your dd doubled the weight, you should be okay but it's best to ask a doc.
  • Im not sure about your WIC but in my town they are all about putting the mother down im not sure why but ive learned to say " Yes Ma'am!" to them and continue on my way. (when i went to their office the 1st time i had no idea what wic was i w

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dd was also a month premature and weighed 5 lbs. 6 oz. Last week at 11 1/2 months she weighed 17 lbs. 10 oz. she's just now getting up there. Nobody has ever said anything about her.

Started back on BC May, 2010; Had last shot on Aug. 2010
    TTC starting in November, 2010; Irregular cycles- went to Dr
    U/S showed cysts on both ovaries; Diag. Lap on March 1st, 2011
    Lap showed that my right fal. tube is centered, instead of to the right
    Left fal. tube is disjointed
    uterus is tilted and the size of a softball, not a pear.
    BFP on 8-30-11, 9-2-11, and 9-4-11.
    EDD is May 14, 2012. :)
    Babygirl born on April 16, 2012.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My 6.5 month old only likes rice cereal with applesauce in it.  You should try that :)
  • Your daughter was a preemie, so in my highly unmedical opinion she's not underweight. Underweight compared to the average 40 week gestational age baby, but not when you factor in that she was born at 36 weeks. Her adjusted age is five months, and that's w
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"