December 2010 Moms
Options

S/O milk

How much milk is your LO drinking?

So before A turned 2 he had a cup of milk at every meal and before bedtime. He was pretty sick from December through February with rsv, croup and random respiratory viruses that we started doing more clear fluids to help cut down on the nasal drainage and he only had milk only at breakfast and dinner or I he asked for it specifically. He was eating cheese and yogurt and those being limited were tantrum triggers since he wasn't eating much during that time period either. Well he has been healthier for the last month and his appetite is branching out a bit more away from his toddler mainstays but when we give him milk he drinks a couple sips and that's it. We used to have to cut him off a few months ago. Normal? To be concerned about? I haven't actually measured the amount he drinks but I would guess around 8 oz a dayish. The rest of the day he drinks all water or some severely watered down juice. Still eats his yogurt and likes his cheese too.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: S/O milk

• Options
    only about 8 ounces a day, as his nighttime ritual. He does get pediasure in the morning however, when I used to also give milk. Alexander also likes cheese and other dairy, so I'm not too concerned with how much milk he gets.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe 8-10 oz or so on an average day. He drinks the lactose free milk. Since he has an intollerance, that's about all the dairy he gets. Milk isn't a necessary component of the human diet; you can get calcium from other foods. I wouldn't worry about
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    K good to know. I am such a huge milk drinker and have been since I was little its kind of a foreign concept to me lol. Thanks for keeping me grounded ladies.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm not a big milk drinker.  Actually...come to think of it...I rarely drink milk lol.  Unless its in my coffee, thats all the milk I get.

G drinks a cup of milk every breakfast.  He also usually drinks a chocolate Pediasure, like,

• Options
    Avery has practically weaned herself now too. It's weird since it used to be such a large portion of her diet. I'm happy about it though. Because of Charlotte's metabolic disorder, I'm trying to have a milk free home by the time she starts solids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.  Like PPs said, it's just the most convenient package for the nutrients kids need.  If they are getting them otherwise, that's great!  C's still a huge milk drinker but refuses to switch to cow, only soy.  I'
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't really track it, but I would guess it's about 16 oz a day.  We give him milk at every meal, but I know daycare gives him water or watered down juice too.  DS also eats a lot of yogurt and cheese, so he gets quite a bit of dairy each d

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"