Blended Families

cell phone

Hope you can follow my vent...SD14 got herself into trouble texting inappropriately with a 16 yr old boy, whom she has been dating for nearly a year.  I pay for the phone plan.  BM took phone away as punishment (understandable).  BM is not allowing SD to visit us (FI is not SD's  biofather, so no legal rights).  SD is not allowed to call us or message us on FB.  I understand punishment but I feel like FI is being punished too. FI is attempting to arrange for a family meeting of sorts.  He would like the chance to be in her life as a father figure.  And to show SD that he and her mother agree about the inappropriate nature of the relationship w the boyfriend.  BM is taking her time arranging meeting.  They live 1.5 hours away.  

My irritation.... BM is allowing her own boyfriend to use the SD's cell phone.  The one I pay for!  BM and her BF text up to 200x a day!  I don't want to block or turn phone off.  FI and I are to be married in May and would like SD in the wedding.  I feel like we have to jump through her hoops in order to ever have contact with SD.  FI  has been in her life for 9 years.

Thanks for listening! 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: cell phone

• Wedding or no wedding, no way in hell I`d pay for that.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• I wouldn't be paying for it either. I would have your phone company temporally turn it off. I would rather pay for an unused phone then one BM's BF is using. 

Can you call BM on her phone to talk to SD? Or she isn't allowed any communication

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah... Is be telling BM that the phone is to be used by SD or not at all. You aren't paying for her BF texts.
  • Shut the phone off.

And yes...if you don't have legal rites as a parent...you do have to jump thru hoops with the parent if you want contact with the child.  That's the hand you've all been dealt that you can not change.

You can either

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • I'd suspend service. Immediately!

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• I would love to suspend the service but she will go completely psycho and cut us off.... possibly for good.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I would definitely suspend service. What a mess :-(
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • imagemccall0113:
    I would love to suspend the service but she will go completely psycho and cut us off.... possibly for good.
    <
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • imageIlumine:

imagemccall0113:</s

• What Illumine said.

DH used to "not rock the boat" with BM.  Things were much, much worse.  When there was nothing to "go completely psycho" over, BM invented things (like she was being followed and was sure DH did it, calling the pol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"