Stay at Home Moms

Do I tip for this?

We're having a swingset installed in our backyard; it's being done by a guy who owns his own company and does this for a living - just him and 2 assistants.

We're paying almost $500 for the installation and it will take all day. Do I tip, and if so, how much would you think??

This just isn't a situation you're in too often lol.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Do I tip for this?

• We had our fence rebuilt a couple of springs ago. It was done by a guy who owned his own business and one assistant. We left cold drinks outside in a cooler each day [water and sodas] while we were at work and ordered pizza for them on the last day. We to
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't tip, no. If they're really nice, maybe bring them out lemonade and cookies while they work :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't tip. You're paying them to build it...what's the tip for? I mean, we hired a guy to build DS's swing set, he came, he built it and we paid him. 

I'd definitely offer cold water though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No I wouldn't tip.
  • I wouldn't tip. I would however offer water or soda and a snack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • I wouldn't tip but I would have drinks and snacks for them, maybe even offer to buy lunch since it's an all day job. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"