October 2012 Moms
Options

Update on living with grandma

If you remember I polled you lovely ladies a while back on if you would move in with your grandma for 6 months or so while looking for new housing and saving come money... well we had decided to do it, until today.  I went up there to check it out logistically and see what we would have to do to prepare...and I just can't do it!!  

a. My grandma already piped in with parenting advice, I was there for a whopping 2 hours...and not just throwing it out casually, like picking a mini argument with me about it.

b. her house is FULL OF CRAP. Like, full.  I can't stand clutter and it's EVERYWHERE.  Including the two rooms she said we could use.

c. those two things combined, I can't handle it...but I felt like there should be a c.

Me and DH need to have a serious chat tonight because I think the hassle of moving into a temporary rental is well worth it.  We will still live closer to grandma and can promise weekly visits...but it doesn't do anyone any good to have us move in and go BSC. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Update on living with grandma

• Options

imagedotmbc:
    Ahhh...that sucks. But at least you realized it before you moved in. Good luck with the rental search!!
    </BLOCKQ

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    That's completely understandable. Living with other people is very hard, especially if you have a child. You gotta do what you gotta do for your sanity!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Sounds like you made a wise choice!  Good luck with your move!  How'd Grandma take it when you told her you wouldn't be moving in?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:
    Sounds like you made a wise choice!  Good luck with your move!  How'd Grandma take it when you told her you

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    It is better you found out BEFORE moving in. So glad you have other options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"