October 2012 Moms
Options

24 + year old baby gear?

I would just like everyones opinion on something. At the end of May we will be on vacation for 2 weeks staying with my mother in law. My husband and MIL seem to think it would be okay to use the baby stuff she has saved in the basement for my little one (play yards, walker, high chair etc.) I have nothing against used items, I'm just worried about all the new safety standards that I doubt these would meet. I've tried explaining this to my DH but all he says is he and his sisters are still alive with no major injuries. Am I being unreasonable or am I in the right? His youngest sister is 24 years old so everything would be at least that old. We will be driving from FL to MI, so it was brought up that we would use what his Mom has saved up there instead of loading it up in the car.

Re: 24 + year old baby gear?

• Options
    High chair with supervision is fine IMO. I'd pack the pack n play for sleeping. I wouldn't use a walker period. New or old.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Options
    I would also never use a walker but my DH wants to put him in his old one to see him scoot around ( not gonna happen).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    High chair, yes. Anything else, no.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I agree with PPs, yes to high chair, no to everything else. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would take your own pack n play.  We went to in laws for a couple days and used there old pack n play.  I didn't feel comfortable with her in it.  Next time we are taking our own.  She also got out the swing from when h was a baby an
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    I would probably take pack n play for sleeping.  Everything else I would judge onsite.  It is probably okay to use with supervision.  I would even put ds in walker for some pics.  I would not let him go unsupervised or near chairs but

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I would be ok with the high chair especially if it is one of the d wooden ones. I would also bring a PnP to sleep in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs.  Once you're there and get a good look at things, perhaps take your MIL out to a second-hand store like 'Once Upon' or something similar, and stock-up on things for their house.  DH and I keep some second-hand items at my paren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"