February 2013 Moms
Options

Won't let me put him down

Beginning last week, LO will not let me put him down. The exception is when we swaddle him and put him in his bed overnight, but whether he's awake or asleep he cries unless he is held. He may be okay for five, at most 10 minutes, but even if I'm right there touching or at least close enough for him to hear me, he starts crying. Any tips? It's getting tricky since I have to EP and I have to try and work around that as well..,,

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Won't let me put him down

• Options
    I have the same issue! It started around 6 weeks and its still going. He sleeps fine, by himself, at night but will not be put down during the day even for naps. I'm interested to hear other responses. I asked my friend who has a 1 year old and said her d
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    There's supposed to be a wonder week (basically a mental growth spurt) around 5 weeks (gestational weeks, not 5 weeks from birth). Wonder weeks will make baby cranky and clingy just like growth spurts will (which is also supposed to happen around 6 weeks)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started a thread about swaddling during the day. You could try that. It's working do me right now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    rmp25rmp25 member
    Mine is the same way. My pedi recommended that I get a sling or carrier and simply wear him until he grows out of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KD79KD79 member

I agree with the suggestion for a sling or carrier.  We have an ergo, and I just put Luke in that and do what I need to do.  He usually cries for the first minute or two when I put him in it, but once I start walking around, he's out.  I

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"