September 2012 Moms
Options

Multiv with fluoride

My pedi prescribed a multiv with fluoride. She just said a multi at the office so I didn't question. What are your thoughts on fluoride?

Re: Multiv with fluoride

• Options
    I haven't researched this at all.  Is it controversial?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    My pedi had me on fluoride tabs when I was young. I've never had a cavity.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetinyhumantoe:
    I haven't researched this at all.nbsp; Is it controversial?

For some reason I think it is. I
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

I have never given James vitamins and we didn't switch to fluoride toothpaste until he was about 18mo or so.

I didn't take fluoride pills and I have never had a cavity, fwiw. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My in laws are very anti fluoride. They say it's poisonous and causes problems. I get crap all.the.time for using Nursery water for bottles. I did actually read recently that they did a study and fluoride can cause a lower IQ. I really think, though, that
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    imagehmp&mrj:

I have never given James vitamins and we didn't switch to fluoride toothpaste until he was about 18mo or so.

<
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• Options
    Our pedi said the same. But I'm not getting it filled. We use fluoridated nursery water and he gets plenty of vitamins from his formula and solids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took fluoride drops as a kid because our water didn't have fluoride in it for a couple years. As I grew up my adult teeth had/have white spots in them. It doesn't cause any real issues to have the white spots, and they do fade with time.
    My ex
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageanitalynn:
    If your public water doesn't have fluoride, it might be a good idea? We have flouride in our public water, which we use
  • Options

DS is on the same one - brown drops? My only issue is it stains his teeth. I have to squirt it toward the back of his mouth & make sure he drinks plenty of water with it.

Oddly enough, the pedi didn't prescribe DD any at her 6 month visit. Hm

• Options
    imageanitalynn:
    I found this CDC report. Basically, small amounts of fluoride is good. Too much is bad. Do you know if your bottled wate
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"