August 2013 Moms
Options

Birth control

I was just thinking about birth control after pregnancy. Myself I am getting my tubes tied I am done I have a boy and a girl. I was wondering what everyone's plans were after? And I wanted to say that after my DS was born I tried the depo shot and it was not good it caused me to go into the baby blues 5 or 6 months post pregnancy.
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth control

• Options

We use pullout and something like FAM. I don't take hormonal BC, and don't "trust" in IUDs. And don't like condoms.

It works for us :)

image image

• Options
    I will be attempting nuvaring again, and if that fails I am looking at the arm implant.
    imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Charting and pull out.

Hormonal bc messes me up.

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    Dh will be having a vasectomy. We are done after 2 kids and I am so excited to never take bc again.

• Options
    I'm getting a non hormonal IUD and he'll wear a condom.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am 35, DH is going to be 37 when baby is born. We are one and done....we decided that if I end up getting an emergency C-Section, I will get my tubes tied while they are in there pulling out the baby..might as well since it will be hanging out of my bod

• Options
    We haven't discussed it yet but we will probably use condoms, we want to try for baby number 2 when this one is a year old, no point in getting on birth control for 1 year then off again. I don't want my body to be confused. I want to give myself a break
  • Options
    N_KozN_Koz member
    I am not allowed to take hormonal bc so it's either back to condoms or the non hormonal IUD. I think if we go back to condoms I can probably talk hubby into peanut number two quicker.

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • Options
    We've been "pulling and praying" for 3 years before we decided to "try" for a baby. So we'll go back to that. But, we're also totally ok with any "surprises". When we're done having kids my husband has agreed to a vasectomy, but we'll cross that brid

• Options
    I'll be going back on the pill. We may decide to have another child, so nothin permanent yet.
  • Options
    It took me a VERY long time to get pg, so I imagine we'll not do anything to prevent another baby. Not that we'll rush into a planned one, but we sure aren't going to do anything to prevent it either.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Well, HOPEFULLY Nuva ring for a year and then DH and I will make the decision to get him snipped, he's pretty excited about this and ready to be done after DS2 gets here.

Buuuuut. My dr is concerned that my placenta has attached too firmly a
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    imageSoleil3:

We use pullout and something like FAM. I don't take hormonal BC, and don't "trust" in IUDs. And don't like condoms. <

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Options
    We plan to be done after this baby. DH will get snipped probably once baby turns a year. I have this fear that something will happen to our child in the first year, and then I'll change my mind about wanting another, so I want to wait until then. I don't
  • Options

Paraguard IUD. No more hormonal bc for me.  On a sidenote, I have never known anyone IRL who uses the withdrawal method.  I would think that would be even worse than condoms.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Goodreads shelf
    Snjoslin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
  • Options
    We had to do fertility treatments and hormone supplements to sustain this pregnancy. So, I don't see me going back on bc. Plus I plain to conceive with 2 shortly after this lo's first bday.
    It ticks me off when I think of all the money I waisted o
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    BCP'S as soon as possible.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The mini-pill I took while still BFing caused my supply to severly dip.  Then, the "regular" pill messed me up something serious, so I'll be looking into other options, but I'll cross that bridge later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am getting my tubes tied as well. We have 2  boys already, this will be our 3rd child. We got pregnant with number 2 while I was on the pill. Number 3 we were using condoms.... We were done after 2. I am happy to have a 3rd on the way though. Just
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will be going back on the pill ASAP.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    imageCosmic+Love:

Charting and pull out.

Hormonal bc messes me up.

this for

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Vasectomy over here too... DH is in the process of getting it set up, but is waiting until LO is born to seal the deal. I am super excited to not have to worry about birth control again!
  • Options
    imageinterzone:

Paraguard IUD. No more hormonal bc for me.  On a sidenote, I have never known anyone IRL who uses the withdraw

• Options
    Technically I have no need for any birth control after, DH required surgery to get his sperm out, he has kind of a natural vasectomy.  However, I'm still considering hormonal BC.  I miss the pill so badly!  I have PCOS and it is the only th

• Options
    We'll probably go back to using condoms. I don't like hormonal BC and I really don't want to get an IUD. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options

I had the Mirena IUD in between my last two pregnancies. It was ok except spotting more often than not... That said - I will prob get the copper IUD after this one. We are done - but like a PP... If all my kids were killed in an accident or something..

• Options
    imagekcox123:

I had the Mirena IUD in between my last two pregnancies. It was ok except spotting more often than not... That said -

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• Options

vasectomy. DH and I have discussed that when we're ALL DONE that's what will happen. we will go back to condoms and VCF after this until we make our decision about if we're having more. 

After we make our decision, we will wait a year to be

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    Will probably defo use the pull out method or condoms lol. I had the copper coil that caused cramps, I was on the pill which I got pregnant on but had a miscarriage and I'm now currently 22 weeks pregnant even though I had the injection lol.
  • Options
    imageSoleil3:

We use pullout and something like FAM. I don't take hormonal BC, and don't "trust" in IUDs. And don't like condoms. <

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    This is our last one, so DH got a vasectomy last month.  If I was going to have a c section I would think about getting my tubes tied (but it's still not 100%, my firend had one and her OB said she should still used condoms) but the comparison in cos
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I will most likely get an IUD again. I had no issues.

DH and I are very lucky to be able to get pg very easily, so some sort of bc is a must for us.

• Options
    I'll do mini pill then get mirena again.  I had it after DD and loved it.  I don't think we will have a third, bit am not prepared to get my types tied or for DH to get a vasectomy.
  • Options
    Depo shot made me a crazy bipolar ***! And it made sex hurt sooo badly. Felt like ripping open a scab every time. Going to try something nonhormonal so I'm not so snippy with the hubs.
  • Options
    Just plain 'ol condoms. i was on the pill for 10 years and I did not like how I felt going off of it and how long it took me to regulate and feel "normal". I told DH I would not be going on it again after the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"