School-Aged Children

School me on the Tooth Fairy, please?

At almost 7 we are finally about to loose his first tooth.

What's the going rate for the tooth fairy these days?

I don't want him to get suspicious because the Tooth Fairy is a cheap-skate at his house but I also pretty much refuse to pay the $20.00 per tooth that my brother gives his kids.

What's the low down at your house?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: School me on the Tooth Fairy, please?

• $1/tooth.
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• Holy cow!  $20 per tooth!  That's outrageous!

Honestly, though, the amount doesn't matter.  It's the "magic" of the moment when they pull back the pillow and the tooth fairy has "been there" overnight and taken the tooth and left m

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    It varies between one to five dollars.. depending on what we have on us. Last tooth was five, because we did not have anything smaller.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • We gave $5 for the first tooth, (which didn't happen until several months after she turned 7) and $1 for the next one.  We're planning on $1 for each tooth going forward.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We did $20 for the first tooth.  And a couple of bucks for the later.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has lost  teeth. We did $5 for the first tooth and $2 for the 2nd one. We will probably do $2 for all other teeth as well.

$20 per tooth is ridiculous IMO.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We do $2 a tooth and make it fun by doing 2 gold dollar coins or we tape the 8 quarters together.  My sister once left my nephew the money in all penny's!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • I hear ya - one of DS's classmates got a Nintendo DS from the tooth fairy for his first tooth...the tooth fairy on our side of the tracks, however, gives $5 for the first tooth and $2 - $3 for each tooth after.

• KL777KL777 member
    Wow!  Inflation has gone up.  When I was a kid, I think we got a quarter for each tooth.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• We give 5 per tooth and I put a little glue on the bill and sprinkle with glitter my girls love it we also put a little glitter on their window

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"