July 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Q about weight loss

I'm confused... So some of us are MFP friends and I noticed some eat higher calories and yet still lose and some people like me eat practically nothing and dont lose. WTF?

Am I totally doing it wrong? I must right? Here is the thing. I have a friend who has lost 60lbs and she gave birth 4 months before me. She works out at least an hour a day and eats 700 calories on average to lose 1lb or sometimes more a week.  Then some of you fine gals eat like 1800 calories and are losing 1lb a week. 

She suggested that I eat 1200 calories and dont pay attention to calories lost by working out. Like just ignore that part. But I see on other threads (weight loss threads) that they suggest you eat more like 1400-1500 because 1200 is starvation mode. Also if its starvation mode why in the world would MFP suggest it?!?! And i feel like when I did WW and was eating more the scale did.not.move!

I'm looking for more suggestions on what to do. Please help me. Even if you tell me I'm an idiot. What are your secrets? How are you guys doing it?

PS I'm a short 5'2. So none of that muscle weighs more than fat mumbo jumbo because I know my fat butt should be losing more than just 1lb a week with all the restricting I do. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14

Re: NBR: Q about weight loss

• Options
    I'm EPing so I'm able to eat the 1800 and still lose right now. My doctor recommended this number given a base of 1300 + 500 calories for milk production. I don't do any "formal" workouts but I consider taking care of a crazy hellraiser crawling baby day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! Makes sense. I'm gonna try upping my intake a little.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on a lot of things ... Activity level, generics etc. for some people, it just comes more naturally.

In my experience, restricting your calories puts you into starvation mode which makes it harder to keep up with the diet and it af
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    Before I got pregnant with my 1st DD, I was working out pretty hard 5-6 days/week. I had to eat at least 1800 calories in order to lose weight or my body would hold on to calories. Now that I can only manage to workout 3-4 days/week thanks to a non-sleepi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"